Local Water [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Local Water

Brad
07-30-2004, 04:48 PM
I got a new rod for my birthday and hit the St Vrain last night to try it out. We have been getting a lot of rain recently and the flows were up. I thougt it was going to be hot. Unfortunately it was not. For 3 hours not a strike. Beautiful water that should hold fish yet nothing. Just before dark I picked up 3 fish to take the skunk off. That river is hard to figure out. I think the problem is that the flows can get very low when farmers take water. Also it warms up during the low flow times. Anyway the rod casts like a champ.

Brad

juro
07-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Brad -

I will be visiting St.Vrain's Angler again this September. If you are around I'll buy you a beer.

Are you coming to striper country anytime soon?

Brad
07-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Juro,

If you are buying I will be around. The Lefthand brewery is just around the corner and for a local place it is darn good. Are you doing the denver show again?

I am still working on fishing as much water around here as possible let alone get back to the cape. My buddy is buying a drift boat so it is going to be all over after that. I might have a trip to Boston next May and I will bring my gear if it happens.

Brad

juro
07-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Cool,

Look me up when you make it out, and if it's May push it to the latter half if possible.

Yes, I am going to be at the Denver show with Mr.Nodera. We will be the two little guys hanging out at the spey pool with big rods. :smokin:

fishinfool
07-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Juro,
When is the show this year? Are you going to be doing a clave at St. Vrain Angler?
Would love to meet up with you while you are in the Denver area if possible, I'll even buy.

John

juro
08-01-2004, 09:08 PM
fishinfool -

We will be stopping in up there but there is no clave planned. Possibility of doing something though, we'll see. Is there a good section of river nearby ~150ft wide?

fishinfool
08-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Juro,
I will let Brad respond about the availibility of ~150' wide spots as I am not that familiar with the rivers in the Longmont area. Whether or not there is a clave, I will still pop for a beer or two. Any way a guy can get in to the show if he is not a dealer?

John

uzibear
09-11-2004, 11:48 PM
i've been meaning to check st vrain out, but for tommorrow it's elevenmile canyon on the s. platte. first time fly fishing ever. wih me luck.