Magnetic Rod Holders for Vehicles [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Magnetic Rod Holders for Vehicles

brendan
07-30-2004, 12:42 PM
I just spent several days on the Vineyard where I desperately searched for magnetic rod holders that attach to your front hood and roof of your vehicle. None of the tackle stores stocked them. Only the vacuum mounts were available but I was counseled not to purchase them as they are untrustworthy.

In the event that others are also looking for the magnetic mounts, the only manufacturer of magnetic mounts appears to be Tight Line Enterprises. Their website is: www.Tight-Line-Enterprises.com and the mounts can be ordered through First Light Anglers, Rowley, MA

Dble Haul
07-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the product. As a reminder, please review the Flytalk general guidelines as outlined in the sticky thread at the top of the Worldwide Discussion Forum, especially point number two in regards to providing direct links to non-sponsors.

I hope your trip on the island was productive.

Smcdermott
07-30-2004, 01:06 PM
After searching for a roof top solution I suddenly realized the other day that my rear seats folded down for access to the trunk (sometimes the obvious escapes me!) :roll: In any case this turned out to be a very economical and pratical solution for storing fully rigged rods. I now use a small tupperware container for my waders and slide the rods in and I am off and running.

Sean

flydoc
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I was really impressed by the simplicity and effectiveness of Juro's setup in the back of his Tundra, but lack the tools and skill to build such a setup myself. May look into some other options.
Doc Shep