Rip Trip--This Friday? 7/30 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip--This Friday? 7/30


striblue
07-27-2004, 11:44 AM
OK... how many guys can I get to do a rip trip this Friday... the tides be damned... Summer is here... the winter is long and I am tired of these cancellations... I would fish the south tip of south Monomoy...fish or no fish... please let me know who might be able to do it... If the numbers are there I will speak with Keith as soon as I see the reults of this post. Even Saturday... I pick Friday and Saturday as the best times for people to travel....

DFix
07-27-2004, 01:10 PM
(I'm obviously not signing up but) I have a question regarding tides and moon phases and Monomoy. Do you think the full moon on Saturday will help make a trip either day more successful with stronger tide flows and fish hunting along your 'rip'?

striblue
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Well... to tell the truth...summer beach fishing is tough enough... If I am going to spend a day beach fishing and not fishing at ...say ...an incoming tide at North Monomoy... then I opt for exploring the entire south tip... as well as flats... and we did catch fish there on an incoming....I will go... all I need is ..say 4 other guys willing to spread the $300 fee.... I would pay $100 to spend the day down there...

striblue
07-27-2004, 01:27 PM
HHHMMM.....ok... who wants to go Saturday???????? Like I said... lets get "some" numbers ... and do it.....I will contact Keith tonight after I see what we have....Jim Whelan.... please give me the GPS coordinates for the beach chairs you buried 3 or 4 years ago.... also to those who want to go... bring bathing suit and towel and Sibley Guide to Birds....see... I am trying hard to sell this trip... we can not wait for tides any more..

FishHawk
07-27-2004, 02:11 PM
I could do Sat. however, on a tight budget could not afford $100. Could go as high as 40 tops. FishHawk. :D

striblue
07-27-2004, 03:17 PM
No problem Bill.... lets see what we can get....I think if the weather is ok..Keith will be able to do this at a moments notice....

striperstripper
07-27-2004, 03:22 PM
John friday sounds good,anything over $100 bucks and I,ll be expecting a personal sherpa :chuckle:

striblue
07-27-2004, 03:24 PM
I know this becomes disjointed... but what does Saturday look like for you...thinking of travel issues and work issues for people...

striperstripper
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Sorry John, saturday 's out for me, family plans.

Dave17
07-27-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm available both days. Money is a concern, I'd prefer to see the numbers up higher then four. I'll watch the board tonight to see how many we are able to get.

Regardless of final numbers I will be down there Saturday without a doubt but I'll let the final numbers decide wether I'm at South, North or S. Beach.

Dave

Paxton
07-27-2004, 04:40 PM
John, I'm definetly interested but would also like to keep it in the $40 range. Have a call into Amy (she's not at home, guess she has a life :-) ) I will also check with a friend of mine (Garry), he was planning to do SB on Saturday and may be interested. The more "guys" the better as we will have motel fees as well. Will let you know by Wednesday p.m. if not earlier.
Ron

striblue
07-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Yes...I would prefer to keep it reasonable for cost...lets wait a couple days to see who will want this.

CSJ60
07-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Need to check about getting Friday off.

FishHawk
07-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Craig(CSJ60) shoot for Sat. You won't have to ask the boss for a day off and it will help the numbers . Just a suggestion. FishHawk

bonefishmon
07-28-2004, 08:13 AM
High tide at 11:28 am on Friday and I can do that if five or so others go. Saturday is also possible at this point. What's so bad about a noontime high tide?

Phil

CSJ60
07-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I can do Saturday.

striblue
07-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Saturday.... that's the day.... I will wait and see...

Skiman
07-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I can go on friday, unfortunately I am doing less fun stuff on Saturday. Count me in if a friday group forms.

Skiman

FishHawk
07-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Bonefish man if you can do Sat we have 7 by my count and that would work out to 42 each. Hope you could make Sat. It's up to Striblue to make the call.
Hope it can work for us . I think we'll have a great trip.
FishHawk :D

striblue
07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Lets drop it... we don't have the numbers....I will reschedule within two weeks.

flydoc
07-29-2004, 12:55 PM
John- I'd be up for either 8/7 or 8/14- let me know soon if you're going to shoot for the 7th as I will have to "reschedule" a trip up north to see the folks...then of course there's the Boneclave....
Doc Shep