It had only begun and now it's over [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: It had only begun and now it's over

Leland Miyawaki
07-24-2004, 11:45 AM
My last times on the Sno until it cools down.

Wednesday, July 21
I was on the water at 6am (flow: 660cfs) and fished the top of the lower pool first with no results. I waded down and around the big rock and concentrated on getting a good swing on the other side of the downstream submerged rock in the middle of the river. At 7am, as my #5 Freight Spey swung down and over the rock,I forced the swing through the turbulance. The fish hit just before the hang down. It wallowed then bolted down and across stream where it jumped once then swam back across and sulked. I wound my line in as far as the butt knot and saw that it was a nice buck before he turned and got off. This was my first fish in 19 trips to the Snoqualmie.

Saturday, July 24
The flow was 600cfs. I was on the water at 5:30am. At 5:50, in the well-oxygenated top of the run, I hooked and landed a beautiful little lady of about 6-8 pounds. She took the same grease-lined #5 Freight Spey as the buck on Wednesday.

Leland.

Big K1
07-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Great job Leland!
I was going to go out this morning but I decided I would wait till the water cools down abit. Time to hit the salt for awhile. Maybe we will get a cooling trend and some rain and I can get out on the river again. :frown:

Kevin

mattzoid
07-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Very cool Leland. With the rivers this low and temps going up, I'll be concentrating on the sound until we get some fresh water.