Korkers Konvertibles [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Korkers Konvertibles

fishinfool
07-20-2004, 07:10 AM
:confused:

I was wondering if any of you had tried these out. Looks to be a good idea but I wonder how they hold up with use and if they are that easy to change the inserts. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Moonlight
07-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I have a pair and they are comfortable and appear to have a superior toe construction than most other offerings. As far as changing soles it is not to difficult, does take a little finger strength though.
I purchased several different soles for mine and am pleased with all with the exception of the Studded felt. The studded felt did not stay glued together for one full day of hiking and fishing! They glued the felt and studs to the sole plate by putting a small "dab" of glue on each of the aluminum surfaces of the stud backing, piss poor planning! The story is they have fixed the problem I have not yet received my replacements so I can not re-evaluate the product in this regard.
I found them to be very comfortable wading and hiking. If the new style of studded felts works out they will be well worth the money especially for travel when you need more than one type of sole and luggage weight is a concern.

fishinfool
07-21-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the studded felts. I will be sure to get the latest version of that insert if I go ahead and get these.