7/17 &18 AM, Bayside and the Light [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 7/17 &18 AM, Bayside and the Light

FredA
07-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Fished a couple of hours both days around sunrise. Bayside looked fishy Saturday but Basser and I saw little except for a lot of sandeels being flushed by rakers and baitshop flushers in the creek. Saw a few fish on the early flood and JF got a tug while waving by to me from a distance. Don't need to fish here for another month or so. Be in Maine for the next promising tide and the one after that will be peanut time.

Got to the light at sunrise Sunday. Fog and mist and fishy looking, but nary a touch. JF persisted, insisting they were going to show (don't know if he was talking about the fish or the rest of the yoga class) but I was back in bed by 8:15 am. Even the turnout for the yoga class was small.

Only fish of the weekend was caught Saturday afternoon while kayaking with the mrs. Fiesty 18"er on a wieghted Sluggo at "Need a Tug Hole" in Follins pond.

Dog dayz inshore fishing seems to s#$k when and where I'm there. Think it's time to adjust my fishing hours.

jfbasser
07-19-2004, 07:37 AM
I persisted for about another hour with the fly and the Polaris. Got off one good cast with the big stick, caught the wind just right, plug gained altitude, spool accelerated, and landed the Polaris on the island :biggrin: Then I joined the yoga class to warm up :cool:

striblue
07-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Fred and John... I drove by on Sunday morning but had to keep going since I was helping a class....Waved to Fred....But on Saturday Morning I saw a Kayak on the mecca and my binoculars spotted a guy I knew.... watched him leave the mecca and head over to the inside of North beach... I will have to find out how he did...

FredA
07-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Gotta do that mecca thing sometime. Great tide for it yesterday but I don't think I'd want to be out there in that fog. We did hear one poor soul go aground.