Does anyone know Bill Ballan?? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Does anyone know Bill Ballan??

bderks
07-15-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm trying to track down Bill Ballan to resolve an issue with an order I placed with him last week. Here's the story:

I called him last Wednesday July 7, and placed an order for a Winston Ibis rod and one of his handmade Heirloom reels. He took down my CC info and said he would check on the status of the rod, and call me back. I also noticed on Friday that my CC had been charged for the amount of the purchase. I still had not heard back from him today, which is Thursday July 15, so I called the store again.

I talked to a guy named Joe, who said he was one of the new owners who had just purchased the store from Bill last Friday!!! He knew nothing of my order, but said he would try to contact Bill, but made no promises.

I'm starting to get nervous that I am being ripped off, but I would like to give Bill the benefit of the doubt, given his reputation in the fly fishing community. I know I can always protest the charge to my CC if it comes to that, but I would first like to track Bill down and talk to him and see what he has to say.

So if anyone personally knows him, or knows how to get ahold of him, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you all can give me!

Cheers,
Brandon

boxmaker
07-15-2004, 06:19 PM
met Bill many years ago was a pretty straight shooter did soom boxes for him at a show in nj this # is from 95 1-516-563-1323 hope this helps Mark

bderks
07-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, I finally heard back from the new owner today - he said he spoke with Bill on Friday and supposedly everything is on the way or will be soon.