Please have a look at these samples ! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Please have a look at these samples !

pepp-eric
07-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Hello!

I would like to get some meanings about some samples, I found on my trip through China.

You find them here:

big-king.de/fliegen

Please feel free to tell me, if these samples makes freshwater trouts prurient or not.

Thanks and best regards,

Andi from Hamburg, Germany

DFix
07-13-2004, 01:23 PM
pepp-eric

Welcome to the board.

Considering you did not receive a reply when you asked your question, yes, you should consider all those patterns acceptable for any trout or salmon fishing you might try, whether European brown trout, steelhead, landlocked salmon, and even warm water fisheries for bass, etc.

Good Luck.

juro
07-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Frankly Pepp-eric,

Some of us were expecting a commercial angle to arise at any moment. If you in fact just bought those in China for personal use, and took the trouble to photograph and scan them just to ask us if they would catch fish, then my apologies for my lack of an enthusiastic reply as they are indeed great looking flies. In fact I will be using goose quill with scintilla based legs in my own fly patterns after having looked at these patterns. Whether they will catch fish is kind of obvious to a fisherman, so again forgive us for thinking there might have been an angle for promotion there.

They look good enough to eat! ;)

pepp-eric
08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Hello juro, hello DFix!

Thanks for your answer, it's good to get some independent information.

But indeed, there's no commercial background why I asked for your help.

So, I wish all of you some nice days filled with fishing! I am hanging up in a City called Nanjing. Big rivers around, but full of dirt and some carps - **** up!

Bye,

Andi