It sure is quiet here... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: It sure is quiet here...

MJC
07-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Everyone must be fishing or the midyear evaluations are coming up and everyone is diligently working. On reflection I suppose that is an unlikely scenario. :lildevl: :chuckle: :chuckle:

mattzoid
07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm on three days of the worst cold of my life. Don't even feel like tying while I'm staying home from work. I may try to hit it tomorrow.

jjohnson
07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Working on my work review
Trying to figure out more witty notes to leave on peoples cars.
Tying some flies.
Bagging out on friends for a Sunday float.

Looking forward to a trip to southern Oregon to my favorite river in a couple of weekends maybe.
JJ

MJC
07-08-2004, 01:11 PM
You REALLY must feel bad as you sound like hell. Your posts are always so "come on, let's go gettem!!!. A summer cold is a pain in the "third member". Take two Pepsis and call me in the morning. :whoa:

KerryS
07-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Matt, you wimp.

I have had the same cold since last Thursday. I have managed to make to work every day this week. 14 hours on Tuesday and another 13 yesterday. Today I go home early. I wish I could stay home and tie flies.

mattzoid
07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
If I'm too sick to fish or tie flies, you know I'm baked.

MJC
07-08-2004, 02:47 PM
I wonder if the "Goddess" makes house calls? We could send her over to administer some of her brand of "first aid". That should get you up and the Hell out of there. :lildevl:

OC
07-08-2004, 03:31 PM
I thought it would be fun to work this week. I was wrong.

KerryS
07-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, sorry Matt. I haven't had the energy to go out after work either and I usually make it to the river at least once after work.

I think my problem is an intelligence one. I'm not smart enough to realize that I am to sick to work until after I get here and then I'm stuck here.

North Island
07-08-2004, 03:48 PM
It's the pre salmon calm.

In two weeks the Island will explode with beach fishermen.

Cheers N I

Bunny Leech
07-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey MJC, I'm heading for some sleep...so I can go cast that new rod in the AM...I'll fill you in if I catch more than the back of my cap.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rich_simms
07-08-2004, 11:38 PM
MJC, They're all busy writing or composing their testimony to the Commission requesting to keep the two year moratorium intact. ;)

Nailknot
07-09-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm digging life right now! In my little area of over looked interest, fishing is grand. No pressure, playing with new techiques, enjoying the scenery. Couldn't ask for more.

Brian Simonseth
07-09-2004, 12:56 AM
MJC wrote:
I wonder if the "Goddess" makes house calls? We could send her over to administer some of her brand of "first aid".

Those are some dirty words!
:lildevl:

sinktip
07-09-2004, 05:12 AM
To quote a "famous" ex-member,

"What good is treasure if you share it?"

:devil:

Hammer
07-10-2004, 02:34 PM
those slashing rises of the searuns,it's summmertime! yeah!,this year i'm going to try dry's again,a facet of the game i haven't quite handled yet,i was possesed with it about three years back,squawfish took my offerings!,like getting a flat tire!!!!!,soooo,back to the bench!

MJC
07-10-2004, 03:14 PM
squawfish took my offerings!,like getting a flat tire!!!!!,

Ah yes, the lowly often maligned Squawfish. Don't you know catching Squawfish is medically good for you? When you are standing in your favorite run and you've just made your 863 rd cast without a grab or even a gentle pluck. As the day has worn on you've gone on auto pilot, cast, swing, step, yada, yada, yada. If you were hooked to a heart monitor you would almost be flat lining. At that point the tip is jerked down and for just a second you heart races and gets that blood pumping better then 9 Bayers. Then the power of the spey rod (in your case an 18ftr) completely overpowers the fish and you drag it in as you call it every swear word you learned over the years. I wonder if Squawfishing is covered under the company medical plan.

Yes, I'm bored to Hell as I sit here waiting for a hapless angler and ignoring all the things I really need to get done.

Bunny Leech
07-11-2004, 01:35 AM
MJC--
I didn't catch more than the back of my cap. Well, maybe some dry rocks.

On that note, I'm looking for a fly that in addition to being able to catch every species known to fishermankind, will not break at the hook bend when slapped against the rocks behind me. Now that would be treasure.