Da Monomoyz 7/6 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Da Monomoyz 7/6

Penguin
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Launched the Phracas outa' Bass River...pointed my new and improved schnoz east and in 20 minutes arrived at the Common/Western Monomoy flatz...saw some descent cruizers following the sandy fingers but cooperative volunteers were phew and phar between. ...finally 2 just under 36"...beggars mustn't be choosie!
Stopped by to say hello to the Admiral (beach crowd control duty is like herding cats!) and saw Capt Keith's new "Don Johnson" look...Very nautical!
Circumnavigated North Monomoy in a clockwise direction to investigate the changes and was rewarded with a Jr High Twinkie Fest near the Crib...There were big ones in the mix but the 25"+/- er's ruled the buffet. I'd cast the sparse olive over white deciever (and clear intermediate line) in a Big Girl's path and the Schnauzers would beat her to it...over and over...lost count!
Got a few more not quite 30" on the west side of the crib where the channel has hooked much farther southwest...'polished the skeg in the shallows on my way back to deeper water and the ride back to the Bass River ramp...
Worse things have happened to me in the past several months...
Much more civilized than trailering down scenic rt28 and launching outa' Stage Harbour!
All Stripes released to fight another day...
No one got hurt and the general public was never in any real danger!

FishHawk
07-07-2004, 06:33 AM
Good report . Makes me think I might come down to try my hand at these guys.
FishHawk

striblue
07-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Great report Pete...don't forget...I am around this week.... Friday?