DNA Pogy part 2 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: DNA Pogy part 2

Jim Miller
06-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Been playing a little more with DNA material. This time a lot less material and a siliskin spreader / head. 6" fly on #4 /0 mustad.

striblue
06-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Jim...That looks good...I am working on one right now using double spreaders...should be done in an hour.

North Island
07-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Great flies,

Ive been checking the last few submissions out. How do you tie/install the spreader and what is it made of? These type of flies would definately be effective on this coast for salmon

cheers N I

Jim Miller
07-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi N.I.
I'll respond for the fly I posted: I tied in the dna high tie but sparse. Spread out w/ fingers to desired profile. Fold a piece of siliskin for the head. peal off one side of paper on siliskin and adhere to dna (spread to desired profile). fold over and adhere other side of siliskin. Epoxy head and fix eyes. Kinda like Bob Pop's spread fly only using siliskin vs epoxy to make spread.
BTW: it holds it's profile nicely and swims like it has somewhere to go!

Hopefully John M. will see this and respond for his spreader system.
Good Luck

saltydog
07-04-2004, 01:10 PM
JIM, heres a spreader I had laying around it's on a short shanked hook, material is e-zbody, rich murphys stuff. heres what the fly looked like when done,
HOPE THAT HELP SOME. GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN :smokin:forgot the pic of the SPREADER , on the next post

saltydog
07-04-2004, 01:16 PM
JIM here it is, must be the heat, time for a cold one. hope that helps till JOHN come on board. GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN :smokin:

North Island
07-04-2004, 04:07 PM
now I get it,

Is that somthing you buy premade or make from household materials?

Cheers N I

Jim Miller
07-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks Salty
I really like those patterns. Lots of life. They have offshore bite written all over them. (Tuna & Billfish). :D

saltydog
07-05-2004, 06:42 AM
NORTH ISLAND, it's E-Z BODY comes in different sizes,an in a couple of colors I guess most shops have it. if NOT give Rich Murphy a call or e-mail, he will gladly get you some. heres a pic of the GREEN E-ZBODY in a BIG eel.
(something different)

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN :smokin: