The "Intruder" [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The "Intruder"

Smolt
06-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for the "Intruder"? I have done a Google search and found nothing. I am more interested in the recipe for the non-articulated version, but would be happy with whatever recipe you can point me to or can provide. Thanks in advance.

CK

t_richerzhagen
06-29-2004, 12:40 PM
There is an article in Fish & Fly (Winter 2002) that gives Ed Ward's recipe. If you can't find a copy, I can xerox the recipe and snail mail, or scan it and email.

sean
06-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Check this post for a recipe:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=13864&highlight=intruder

Also just search for intruder in the archives and you will see a ton tied by Kush.

-sean

Smolt
06-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Ted,

Thanks for the offer. I think I might be able to by that back issue at a local fly shop that I will be visiting this afternoon for other reasons. If its not available, I will take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks again,

CK

Smolt
06-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Ted,

No luck on that back issue, so I woud appreciate it if you would send the article to me by whatever means is most convenient for you. I will send you a pm with my email and snail mail addresses.

Thanks again.

CK

Smolt
06-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Sean,

I just noticed your post, for which I thank you.

Ted,

I still would like the article, but there is no rush in getting it to me.

Ragatz
07-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Could you also send the recipe to me. I havfe searched the forum and found many tied flies but no recipe. I too have also come up short on locating the back issue..

Thanks -- Hansen Ragatz

Would be happy to send a SASE for a xerox copy....

mattzoid
07-02-2004, 10:44 AM
I think I could scan my copy of the article and send it as a .jpg. It would be a large file if you had dial up, but worth it. Contact me via PM.

Norseman
08-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Smolt.......sent you an e-mail regarding a supply of back issues of Fish and Fly, Winter 2002 for the Intruder pattern by Ed Ward

For those of you who may also want a copy call Rod Zavaduk at the Castlegar Sports Center in Castlegar BC Canada......(250) 365-8288 last time I was in the store he had approx 10-12 copies. I am sure if you call him for a copy he could arrange to send you a copy