Next Rip Trip- July [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Next Rip Trip- July


striblue
06-28-2004, 08:00 AM
I will check the comming tides today, get some input from everyone and I will post a sign up list tonight after 8 PM with 3 dates around the best tide for a July trip. Probably late July....then August, and a final in September...DO NOT SIGN, UP ON THIS THREAD. Look for the sign up thread this evening. Has anyone seen or heard from Eddie...Eddie was the no show...hope everything is ok.

Dble Haul
06-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Keeping my eye on a potential September trip.

Will those who haven't been to other rip trips over the course of the season be given preference for signing up?

striblue
06-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Mark... this is what I want to do to be fair... I would like to see Juro lead the next, since Keith wants either he or I. Also...I want to really set up 4 dates and NOT be geared to the weekends as much... Pick the 4 best tide days in a row... with two go days and two back up. This could mean a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday ...or another four days in the middle of the week. I am assuming guys that are working could take a day off... In order to pull this off , as I have said in the past, we need to look beyond just weekends. It maybe that we can pull two trips off back to back...as we have done in the past...this would make the trip available for 20 guys.... then we move to August or September for the next flurry. Does anyone at this time see 4 good tide dates at the end of July... I am checking today

Dble Haul
06-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks John. I figured as much, but just wanted clarification in case anybody else was wondering.

For what it's worth, I have no problems with doing it on weekdays.

striblue
06-28-2004, 11:32 AM
OK...as of now I am looking at the following dates...July 27,28,29 and 30... that is a Tuesday, Wednesday ,Thursday and Friday. It seems like the best Tide.

27- High at 8:10 am....low at 2:08-- these zero to minus tides
28- High at 9:13 am....low at 2:55-- "
29- High at 10:15 am...low at 4:07-- "
30- High at 11:15 am....low at 5:05-- "

My plan would be to have trip #1 on 27th with back up on 29th...trip #2 on the 28th with back up on the 30th.... The two best days i think would be the 27th and 28 so we should get 20 guys in on those 2 days with the back ups on the two days where our window is disappearing... that is not to say it would not be good there...since everytime we learn new things... Please let me know what you guys think...Juro?

FishHawk
06-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Like that minus tide date looks great. FishHawk

striblue
06-28-2004, 12:12 PM
We could Pick the 26th...Juro will have to lead on 26th though...with a high at7:10 and low at1:10

juro
06-28-2004, 01:18 PM
John -

We have big brother day on the 17th potentially and I will have plenty to do, but if you are busy I would be more than happy to do this as well. However, if you are OK with it please take the reins again since you seem to have a knack for getting the good days, what a great day you must have had last weekend!

striblue
06-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Well ok...but I expect you will sign up for a trip

striperstripper
06-28-2004, 03:44 PM
sign me up please!!!!!!!

striblue
06-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Paul... I will post this evening the sign up thread...so sign on there... also... I will pick the two dates and will need people to pick a date...not just saying either one is fine ,since we can move things around as we get closer... but it is looking like the dates will be the 27th and 28 for two groups with the back up days as posted earlier.

juro
06-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Well ok...but I expect you will sign up for a trip

I already AM :smokin:

flydoc
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
John- can't get off those days :( . Guess I'll have to wait to see what August brings....
Doc Shep

bonefishmon
06-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Please keep in mind that if you book weekday trips, some will have to apply for time off in advance so that they don't have to call in sick. If the planned day off does not materialize due to wind, the alternate following day is going to require a call in for some of us. I'm excited about making the next trip. I will keep an eye out this evening.

Phil

striblue
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
One question...the dates of July 10 and 11 look good also, that's a Sat and Sun.... Should we try on those dates also? If so I will add those dates to the Sign up thread...

flydoc
06-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Foiled again.....I've got family down here that weekend, and it would be just a little bit uncouth if I were to abandon them for a whole day. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for August- I've already blocked off the 4 days for the Boneclave!!!
Doc Shep
John- hope to catch you on the flats sometime this month. :smokin:

striblue
06-28-2004, 11:12 PM
ok...well, I do think we need to keep these trips special...so I am inclined to stay with the original dates. The only problem I see is that for both August and Setember we will miss those big minus tides for the time periods we are down at the rip.