A little blast for me? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: A little blast for me?

Mean Mr Mustard
06-27-2004, 04:21 PM
In regards the Grandy Creek Nursery and Day Care Center:

Dear God,

Jesus, they are at it again! They think they can improve on Your work.

My Lord, there’s this group of psuedo-Lazarus type peoples (formerly, the Greed-ites, now known collectively as Mine-icans) that take Your treasures for profit – yes those capitalists and, hold onto Your thorny crown, the original peoples, too! They think that they can usurp Your treasures; take of Your bounty without regards to the principle of tithing that is so important to Your wishes and teachings. They think it proper to take of Your gifts leaving in its stead a counterfeit, and a pretty poor one at that. It has even come to past that many extremists within this group have begun to think that Noah’s Ark was, in reality, a multi-species hatchery operation under Your management. Everyone knows that Noah was a great builder and sailor, but a more excellent gourmet cook there might never be; if they only knew that every person on his voyage gained at least 20 lbs. from the fine dining to be had on this cruise! (And just how many species became extinct during that voyage, anyway?) Not wishing to criticize You… hell, er heck, I do think You erred with that bio-guy who misidentified the Golden Goose thinking it to be Peking duck, though it did look good with the golden glaze. Making him lifetime chairman of the RNC was not, in my humble experience, a fitting punishment as it is the people who suffer his mistake. A chicken in every pot just doesn’t compare to goosus magnificus. But I do wander…

As to today’s “conservationist sportsperson(s)” (an oxymoron?): one would encounter great difficulty finding 10 such persons willing to do the right thing, such as restrain thyself, bubba. Sedro-Woolley now makes Sodom and Gomorrah seem like Wally World and its sister Inc., GDubua Land.

In conclusion, I think NOW would be a good time to smite them all. Or make them all extremely cross-eyed or endowed forever with sewer breath.

Amen.

mmm

The little redhead boy that sat in the last pew, far to the left - OF COURSE!

:eek:

MJC
06-27-2004, 06:04 PM
But I do wander…

I thought were going to wander over here to the "Promised Land"

The little redhead boy that sat in the last pew, far to the left - OF COURSE!

Far to the left??? I sounds to me like you were out in the parking lot sneaking a smoke. :lildevl:

KerryS
06-27-2004, 11:24 PM
some of that whacky tobacky from north of the border. :smokin:

kush
06-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Uhh, Dave...? Dave's not here man...

jjohnson
06-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Great post. Love it. One of the best I have seen in awhile. Made me laugh made me cry.

JJ