Thanks to forum members [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks to forum members

jamie
06-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I just spent the day sleeping off some jet lag having returned to the UK.

I had a great time fishing along South Beach and it was good to meet up with some of you guys; your advice was greatly appreciated. I did not get to fish as much as I would have liked, and was unable to actually plan when to go out. As a consequnce could not meet up with some of you as I had hoped. Well it was a family holiday afterall. :tsk_tsk:

The wife is already convinced we should go back for another holiday. I just need to work on the week of hardcore fishing with just some fishing buddies; but I will get there :lildevl:

thanks again.

the flies I got from the auction were just the trick. Thanks to all of the tiers.

jimS
06-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Jamie, you reminded me of our Chatham Angler's Club president, the right honourable John Morin, wading S. Beach flats in shorts!

I met you a couple of times on the ride over and on the flats. You were hooked up a couple of times that we met. For a novice on our flats you did very well. Congratulations.

Let us know when you can get back for some serious fishing.

Simms

P.S. Did you get the Sage Xi2?

jamie
06-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Jim, It was good to meet you. The shorts were more out of necessity, as I decided to leave my waders back in the UK. First time out, I have to admit to feeling a little cold, the second time wasn’t too bad.

I caught a few nice fish, nothing compared to the beauties you were pulling in. Did beat my personal best from the salt on the fly by more than double. A memorable trip and one I hope to repeat next year.

I bought a Xi2 from where you suggested I might find one; the Goose Hummock in Orleans. I bought an 8 weight, as this is of more use to me in the UK. Had a chance to cast it for a few hours off the beach down Cockle Cove Road on Wednesday, but did not connect with anything. It is a nice rod, which throws some really tight loops.

It is now 4.10am in the morning in the UK, and I am as bright as a button. Tried sleeping without success and given up on it now. I have a date with some Fathers Day trout on a chalkstream in a few hours, so have decided to sort out my gear and tie a few flies.