lightweight wader recommendation [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: lightweight wader recommendation

CDG
06-12-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm looking into getting a pair of lightweight waders and want to know what you guys have purchased and been satisfied with.

CDG

flytyer
06-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Whatever brand you decide to get, make sure they are the breatheable type. There are good ones on the market from all the majoy wader manufactures. I currently have a pair of Hodgemans that I am very happy with. Other folks I know are very happy with the Simms they own. I would avoid the cheapest ones (those under about $180.00) because they were not designed or built to be used each week; therefore, they won't last as long.

FLGator
06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Simms are the way to go. I purchased a pair of Cabela's "guide model" goretex about three years ago and they are doing ok but I wish I would have purchased the Simms. One more season on the Cabela's model and then it's Simms. One other recommendation, buy the high end model ~ $400. From my experience, with the goretex waders you get exactly what you pay for.

MJC
06-16-2004, 10:02 PM
I sell and use the Dan Bailey's. In my opinion they are as good as anything out there. Take care, MJC

pescaphile
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
The Simms Gore-tex lightweight waders are excellent. I recommend them highly. They're not as comfortable or durable as the Guide models, but they're not the $$$$$ either. Still, they're pretty darn tough and probably better than other's top models.

I haven't used the Dan Bailey's myself, but everyone I know who does use them praises them. Based on their more reasonable prices and all the recommendations I've heard for them, they look like the best value out there.