Mountain States Conclave [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mountain States Conclave

NateSmith
06-07-2004, 09:53 AM
I am not sure how many guys their are on the board from Co., UT, Wy, MT. area but I was wondering if thier is any interest in a get together in a centeral location, ie conclave, I was thinking a centeral location like the North Platt or something to that effect? If anyone is interested, or any of you guys from out east interesting in making a trip out to the great west let me know? I would be willing to mix in a float trip to maybe?

Brad
06-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Sounds interesting. Where on the North Platte were you thinking of hitting. I'll be near Saratoga over the 4th of July. I know that the reef is fishing well but the flows are up and may stay that way for the summer. That makes it tough to wade. The mile is still fishing pretty tough unless you know the holes.

FrenchCreek
06-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Depending on when & where, I may be there!

Hobble Creek
06-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Nate,

Try Utah on the Fly they have get toethers all the time. The Green, Henry's Fork, Provo, etc.

fishinfool
06-08-2004, 07:19 AM
I would be interested in a clave here in our part of the world. I get jealous about all the opportunities in the PNW as well as the Great Lakes and now the NE.

link
06-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Nate,

We will have a mini-clave on the Salmon River near the town of Salmon, Idaho ( east central Idaho) the 3rd or 4th week in October. We're in the process of coordinating instructors, reps, demo equipment, presentations, fly shops, food & beverage and etc.

The best news is we already have several confirmed reservations from some fish. There will be Steelhead in the river!

I'll keep you guys posted as things firm up. Suggestions and participation welcomed.

Link