double fly hooks WANTED! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: double fly hooks WANTED!

Hammer
06-04-2004, 01:45 AM
looking for double salmon fly hooks,in particular: partridge down eye,bronzed ,size eight, all sizes welcome for consideration!not sure of the model # tonight,but the down eye is what i'm after :D

wrke
06-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Hammer
The hook you're looking for is the Partridge R1A. They call it a seatrout double. I've not been able to find them anywhere on this continent (I've tried). I've since purchased them from a dealer in the UK (Ireland, as I recall). Let me know if you'd like the information and I'll dig it out and send you a private email.
Bill

Smolt
06-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Hammer,

A felow named Richard Jefferies, whi lives in France, periodically lists Partridge hooks on eBay. I have dealt with him three or four times and have always been satusfied. You might want to drop him an email to see whether he can get the hook you want. I will send you a PM with his email address.

Smolt

MJC
06-05-2004, 09:45 PM
I can also vouch for Mr. Jefferies being a great guy to do business with. Take care, MJC

Hammer
06-06-2004, 08:40 AM
i did get an e-mail from mustad usa wich owns partridge sooo,well see what shakes out:D

wrke
06-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Hammer
If you've found a US source for the hooks, I'd like to know.
Bill

Hammer
06-06-2004, 02:43 PM
the header of the e-mail from `Mustad-Partridge USA' was the header i sent to Partridge UK,`US needs doubles!'so i'm assuming the UK contact forwarded the message,,,,he wanted my zip soooo,who knows,i'll post as soon as i find out anything;) i also told the rep. to visit the site here;)

loophitech
06-08-2004, 12:09 AM
I believe River Run Anglers has them. I am sure Aaron can "hook" you up if you order them. Also, a gentlemen named Ron Larson located somewhere in Oregon... loopusa@mcsi.net.

Good luck

liffey
06-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Hammer,
I have just bought these hooks from TheTroutFitter.com - see http://www.thetroutfitter.com/catalog.html
Good store with some of these double hooks in stock.

Hammer
06-10-2004, 01:37 PM
surfed their offerings,didn't see what i wanted,i desire a specific hook,like everone else!,,,a quick rundown of why; the r1a or whatever the downeye,bronze hooks are,,, have;sharp enough points for immediate action,unlike the `japanned' or black hooks,wich need a `touch' of dressing,the bronze hooks seem to look more realistic as far as convincing the fish it's edible,,believe me,i've taken several suveys!!!i've found,,the upeye,even though easier to tye on,DOES seem to float up under tension more than TDE's,and,,it seems my winging `style' is complemented by the TDE,or viseverse,,also,,when i tie on the mustad doubles that i have and are so prevelent;i don't like the looks of the damned fly!,i have developed my `own little style' wich is more about the silluette''' first,wich also includes `proportions',color second,these hooks just flat WORK for me,and those i hand them out to,thump,thump!,,,,,,so why can't i have a box of 100 of what i want?,sheese! i'd pay 60 bucks for a box of fly hooks but<<<<<where in the h--- are they?,i'm still waiting for a reply from mustard-peartrdge,guess i'd better get back on-em',dogemdogem dogemhwheheheheehee

wrke
06-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Hammer
I found the supplier I've gotten the R1As from is in Scotland, not Ireland. I'll send you a PM. In the meantime, here's the website that will show you the hook.

http://www.partridge-of-redditch.co.uk/Hooks/SALMON/red10.htm

Bill

Hammer
06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
hehe,,that's what a couple `oldtimer's' have called them,i have the Partridge site,as well as the Mustad,just sent them an e-mail,told them the fish were hungry!,,also,another thing i do is,,,look left,,look right,,,nobodies listening,hunker down ,,close now,shhhh,,turn them downside up,add gold beadchain eye's a gold or -------- body,with a -----,and a ,,well,heheheit's a secret pattern style under developement,,,,so,,,, don't tell anyone!:chuckle:

Andy Wren
06-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Visit that section on this site

http://www.flymakers.freeserve.co.uk/hooksindex.html

you,ll find these very similar to those made in singapore by Partridge but made by some nice guys who are the last British hook makers left in Redditch where once the worlds hooks were made .
there is a bargain bin of partridge hooks there ,well worth a look

wrke
06-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Andy
That's where I purchased mine from and left Hammer a PM about. Douglas is a nice, accomodating guy.
Bill

Hammer
06-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Douglas has been in contact with me,busy week,,and ,i found,,unearthed really a couple boxes of tens from a local shop,,still lusting for the 8's ,,,6's after that,,we'll see:D thanks all!

Charlie
06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Hammer,

PM me with your address. I have some that I can send you. I think they are #8's and #4's. Only about 10 each but its a start. I have to look, but I think I got them at a shop in Rimouski, Quebec about 2 years ago.

Charlie.

roballen2
06-24-2004, 02:32 AM
ahhh downeyes well bummer here i thought i was gonna be able to help someone well anywhere here are some up eyes i found if anyone's interested
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31705&item=3684600200&rd=1
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44914&item=3684850123&rd=1