Bored [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bored

Brad
06-03-2004, 07:07 PM
This part of the forum is boring. How about a fishing report or two. I Hit the North North Platte last weekend and took my first float trip ever. It was a bit like bobber fishing for my tastes but we caught some real pigs. The top fly was a red rockworm the whole float. we switched up the botttom fly to a straight Barr's emerger or a bionic midge.

Cheers

John Desjardins
06-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi Brad, Sorry its been boring here. I've been preoccupied with closing down the company I used to work for and haven't gotten out much. Anyone else got reports?

So was this the area you've been wading before, or a different area? I thought that was a scud area.

Brad
06-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey John sorry for the negativity. Some things like a job are more improtant than fishing. Yes the area below the dam for a couple of miles is good for scuds. Mostly in the fall it can be stupid good. We floated down about 7 miles and I understand that the scud fishing starts to taper off as you move down. I'm headed to Steamboat this weekend to fish and I'll let you know how it goes.

Brad

John Desjardins
06-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Brad don't worry about it. The good part about it is that for a while I get to fish on weekdays. :hehe: I should have more reports soon.