Plum Island [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Plum Island

Lau
06-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Ciao,

It was tough getting up this morning with the rain and cold weather, but there are some big stripers around. I was lucky enough to catch a 30+ lbs fish this morning at about low tide flyfishing from the sand bar. About fifteen guys spin fishing but not may fly fishermen around. Lots of twenty inch fish to keep you entertained. Unfortunately my wife broke the digital camera when we were in Alaska, so no photo. Lau

flydoc
06-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Lau- glad to hear they've moved up that way; I grew up in Georgetown and often fish Plum Island when I'm up from the Cape visiting the folks. Maybe I'll run into you sometime (but not until July at the earliest, as my fishing schedule down here is pretty well booked...)
Shep

Lau
06-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Flydoc,
I can understand your busy schedule. If I lived on the Cape, I would also find it difficult to head north. I'll be in Yarmouth around June 18th, thought I might check out Bass River. What do you suggest? Lau

flydoc
06-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Lau- join the rest of the crew on South Beach/Monomoy in Chatham- see the sponsors section on this sight and click on Monomoy Island Ferry Service (Capt. Keith Lincoln) for directions to the Morris Island Refuge, where the ferry departs. I'll be out there on the 19th and 20th- first boat leaves at 8AM. Give Capt. Keith a call to let him know you're coming....
See ya then! You'll likely run into a number of the other folks that post on this site, as alot of us fish that area...
Shep

Lau
06-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Ciao Flydoc,
Thanx for the info. I'll try to make it. Stripers on the bite again this morning.

x Scott
You really had the touch this morning with the spey rod. My pleasure meeting you on the bar. See you tomorrow. Lau

Merrick
06-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the compliment Lau. I still have a long way to go with my casting of the Atlantis. Many of the guys at South Beach last weekend really handle the rod well and put me to shame. Only way to fix that is to spend more time fishing... ;) I'll look for you in the morning.

-Scott