bassalo and dinobass knockin' at the door [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: bassalo and dinobass knockin' at the door

flyfishsalt
06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Juro and all other sometimes crazy fly fisherman. After a couple conversations this past winter I felt it was only appropriate to drop in and say hello. I have only one thing to say about the fishing right now, trade in your kyaks for some good old fashion outboards the bass are coming through in waves and moving fast. The major push of fish that we see every year in June is here. This year there are massive schools of 20-30 lb. bass on the move. It is always fun to try some new and interesting ways to see how we can coax these hungry bass to take a fly. This weather the past couple weeks has encouraged me to try stilll new ways to attract the monster bass. We have been running the old bait and switch as well as using large topwater poppers on the fly rods to encourage savage strikes from below. I think it was this time last year that we were into these fish and in the middle of landing a 28 lb. bass on the side of the boat when another bass approx. three times the size approached the boat for a close look. Right then and there we were convinced it was always worth it for one angler to stand by with a fly rod in hand while other anglers land fish. This method of tandam fishing has produced several big fish for us in the last couple weeks and is always fun when everyone gets excited. Anyhow, this is the time of year to do it even if the weather sucks...

Captain (you gotta be nutz) LeClair

FishHawk
06-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome Captain to the home of the crazy fly fishing nuts.
FishHawk:D :devil:

striblue
06-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Welcome Cap.......... Yes!!!!!we are all crazy!:)

Dble Haul
06-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by flyfishsalt
Juro and all other sometimes crazy fly fisherman.

Sometimes crazy?

ALWAYS CRAZY!

Welcome! :)

flyfishsalt
06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Good times on the fly this week !