FredAEvans/retirement!? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FredAEvans/retirement!?

Hammer
05-28-2004, 04:35 PM
here's wishing Fred a happy retirement,,,yup,,starting today at 5 there'll be another bum,,steelhead bum that is,,, lurking around the banks of the rogue all hours of the day and night,MERCY!,where IS that fishcamp at?over by Medford somewhere ?that JD fella,,seen him `about' over there as well!:hehe:

Willie Gunn
05-28-2004, 05:14 PM
And with all respect how is anyone going to notice the difference? From what I remember Fred spent lunch times coffee breaks on the Rogue anyway.

Brian Simonseth
05-28-2004, 05:39 PM
And with all respect how is anyone going to notice the difference? From what I remember Fred spent lunch times coffee breaks on the Rogue anyway.

Willie Gunn you said it not me.

:hehe:

Happy Retirement FRED!

:smokin:

Skilly
05-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Fred

Better keep working,, this retired stuff is tough:D

Seriously; congratulations and welcome to the ranks of the unemployed.

Price of gas keeps going up I am going to hang out my shingle.

Will Guide for Gas.

Skilly

Hammer
05-28-2004, 09:57 PM
are you a guide?

Skilly
05-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I havent been a guide for about 15 years now, but if the price of gas doesnt come down I may have to take it up again just so I can get some fishing in. Social Security doesnt buy much at $2.34 a gallon. Retired so I can go fishing now cant afford to go fishing.

Hammer
05-29-2004, 07:45 PM
you should see what i pay for a gallon of,,well ,paint thinner,really, but of course it's ;basecoat reducer,some of the stuff costs 38.95 a gallon,and of course once it's on the car ,you can't wait for it to evaporate!!?,,gas is still cheap to me,even driving a big block suburban,look at the price of bottled water!,if i HAD to drive piles of miles,,without a boat i'd certainly dig out something that get's better milage,,like my 67 gto,hmmm,does have a trailer hitch on it though,,,room for plenty of tackle,,my brother told me the guides charge 210.00 a seat on the sacramento river in redding cal.,it's 150 here,what did it cost 15 years back,,to` take a ride',i think it was 60-80 bucks in 78?

old man
05-30-2004, 11:24 AM
I figured out about the price of gas and fishing. Being that being retired and fishing go hand in hand. And the price of gas as it is. When ever I go someplace I eat hamburger instead of steak. Because the price of a good steak in a store is what scares me off.

Also being retired and fishing means that you can almost go when ever you want to but you now won't always have a partner to fish with because he is probly working. That is if you can't find another with your type of hours.

This doesn't make any sense does it.

Jim

Hammer
05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
to water,,,live in Rogue River ore. you'll always have fish,and you can walk to the water,:D

fredaevans
05-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Willie Gunn

Well, I must admit ...while I was working in down town Medford this 'pin prick' was all too close to the truth. :devil: But hay, you had to take 'lunch' somewhere? Just a matter of how you scheduled your appointments with Realtors.
:smokin:

Skilly
05-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Hammer......

I may just do that.

Lived in Grants Pass and then Brookings when I was hauling logs. Have looked at the Home prices in Medford area.

We like it here in Prineville but its 40 miles to the Deschutes at Warm springs. Just got back incidently, from trying 3 of Meizers 2 handers for trout.Standby, more coming on them. I will start a thread on them.

We are also considering Maupin. Even thinking about moving back to North of Seattle. Seeing as how I am financially challenged I am going to have to get closer to the water.

Skilly

Hammer
05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
manoman! i'm an oregonian, my dad was a`faller,a bucker,a mean m--- m----- -----r',,and ,he loved kids,and the outdoors,just bein' out there,where i just came from ;the river,i'm being honest;i don't miss the logging trucks,,with bark/gravel sifting off them,but,,i'd have to start a new thread to go on about the old days,they WERE GOOD,heck my wife's talking about selling the place here,i'm getting bored;twenty years next may,same place,kids are almost done with high school..hmm,gee,if i could only get a smell of the inside of a `crummy',just one more time,the essence of manhood,,the eye blistering site of a brace of big ol'yellow Mac chainsaws in the back of a truck,mmm,wow,,,now you've done it,,how did willy nelson put it,i gotta do what I know I g------- do;)

Dble Haul
05-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Happy retirement Fred. I hope your newfound free time is well spent.

striblue
05-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Congrats Fred!. I have no doubt you will have enough to keep busy.

fredaevans
05-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by striblue
Congrats Fred!. I have no doubt you will have enough to keep busy.

I hadn't even been 'retired' a full 24 hours (no kidding) and Joan's reading me the want -adds for part time jobs!!!!! Had to remind her this was a three day weekend and, even if I was 'employeed,' I'd have the next two days off.

Had the good sense not to tell her to 'back off.'

:devil:

JDJones
05-31-2004, 05:20 PM
For those who don't know,,,,,retirement day was also Fred's birthday. And the Redhead was scanning the want adds for him???? What a birthday present. :eyecrazy:

Hammer
06-01-2004, 12:51 AM
open a candy shop,,full of candy canes,,reel long ones,,and some flies too;)

DFix
06-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Congrats, Fred! Enjoy your many happy ?RETIRED? hours! (not at the rate 'TheJoan' is going!!! :whoa: )