Dads 90th Birthday Party..... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Dads 90th Birthday Party.....

Moonlight
05-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey there boys and girls I just returned from co-hosting my fathers 90th birthday party.
Family events are part of all our lives but the celebration of a 90th birthday is a rare event and best shared with many friends, this one was.
Over 200 souls showed in the rain and wind of the North Olympic Penninsula to attend the festive ocasion and were rewarded with food and drink aplenty.
All the history of family and fishing that was disscussed this aftrenoon would fill many volumes of lore. I actually heard folks talking about Gold Panning in Alaska and South America, now thats really fishing!!
Dad always managed to find the time to get me out to the rivers and on the Salt Chuck enough to make me want to pursue the piscene side of my Id. Thanks dad and Happy Birthday George!:)

Big K1
05-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Happy 90th to your father Moonlight!!!

Kevin

buggywhip
05-23-2004, 02:52 AM
90? :eek: WOW! :eyecrazy: That's cool! :smokin:
Happy birthday to yer pop! :)
Happy day to you! :D

Best,
Rick

striblue
05-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Congratulations!... I know how you feel.. My Mother's was 3 years ago. She is now 93... still drives (I wiorry about that ),,, Works as a volnteer at the Brookline Mass. Senior citizens , walks a mile everyday, is clear as a bell, and goes to the Bahamas everyyear for 6 weeks and travels alone.. I drive her to the airport and a wheel chair is waiting to take year to the gate and friends meet her in Freeport. She has one glas of wine everyday and is on Nitro pill...Very lucky person.