Thanks! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Thanks!

sean
05-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Well I am back in old Seattle and wanted to extend my thanks to everyone I met out there. Great group of guys and I really enjoyed myself. Now it is getting really hard to tell my wife there is nothing for me to do if we moved out east :)

Will never forget talking on the cell to Juro and telling him there are no fish here only to look into the water as a 100 foot pod of stripers come cruising by. 10 minutes later I had a 31 incher. The flats ninja can even find fish 100 miles away...

Hit my goal of catching at least one keeper while I was there and just had a great time overall. Looking like I will be back again in late July for my PHD in Flats Fishing and hope to see some of you guys again.

I also made it into the CAC! Very sweet and nice place John.

Great meeting you JimW and thanks for the ride in the boat. Nice ride you have there and hopefully it will not be the last time I get to cruise around with you.

I am having my wife mount all the great flies you guys gave me to hang on the wall. Lots of inspiration for patterns to use out here in the salt. Really great tiers and now I just need to find a wall big enough for Adrian's fly :)

-sean

rooster
05-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi Sean,
Thanks so much for all you have done with the site.
Let us know when you will be back.. Also, Thanks for the "two handed" tips.
Cheers,
DK

JimW
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Sean, it won't be the last ride. Too bad the weather got snotty on us. Good to meet you in person and ditto to roosters comments.

striblue
05-18-2004, 11:27 PM
It was nice to meet you and I am glad you got some nice fish.Thanks for all your work on this great site.

craig
05-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks for all your hard work!

shadfreak
05-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all you hard work on the site and good luck with the fly selection.
larry

FishHawk
05-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Sean great to meet and talk with you about Steelheading.
Was good to see Juro's eyes light up at the mention of Steelhead fishing. Will have to try it sometime.
FishHawk:D

juro
05-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Finally got you to experience striper country! Next time try not to outfish us ;) Another great spring clave in the books for 2004!

FredA
05-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Sean, thanks for all your work and, more especially, a reason to throw a party.

Adrian
05-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Sean, it was great to meet you at the Friday night bash. Thanks for all you do to make this site a success!

Hope to see you out this way again in the near future. Who knows, I might even make it to the PNW one of these days ;)