Guides on Martha's Vineyard? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Guides on Martha's Vineyard?

doogue
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good fly and spin guide on Martha's Vineyard?

I am looking for positive feedback from other Forum members because I want to take my wife on a guided trip with me while we are in the Vineyard on vacation. I need to be sure that we book a patient, courteous, friendly and accomodating guide. I want my wife to score on fly - spinning gear as a backup plan.

Anyone have any good feedback regarding guides on the Vineyard?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

juro
05-10-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't think you guys could do better than John Kollett and Sandra Demel of Buzzards Bay Flyfishing for what you described!

They are located in Vineyard Haven.

Smcdermott
05-10-2004, 05:52 PM
I have heard great things about Jaime Boyle.

Sean

rogerstg
05-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by juro
I don't think you guys could do better than John Kollett and Sandra Demel

I'll second that recommendation. They're fine fishermen and good people too.

jfbasser
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
John & Sandra!

flysully
05-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Husband and wife team will LOVE a shore guided charter with Ken Vanderlaske on the Vineyard for flyfishing from shore. Spent two guided trips with him-good fishing and good chat-Dinner included and fishing from shore via his 4x4 so you have no cost for the oversand permit. Booking Ken three years ago in June made a big difference in the quality of our fishing on the Vineyard. We learned so much from his experience of fishing the Vineyard.

doogue
05-10-2004, 09:24 PM
You guys rock!

Thanks for the info.

-Mike

Broadbill
05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Capt. Leslie Smith of Backlash Charters. She runs a 26' Regulator out of Edgartown and meets all your patient, family-friendly, instructive criteria.