International Game Fish Association [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: International Game Fish Association

striblue
11-15-2001, 10:40 AM
Can anyone provide me with the web site for this Florida association.. I may have it stated wrong but I want to get into their web site to join and get some material from them.. Thanks in advance.

steve moore
11-15-2001, 10:48 AM
www.igfa.org

striblue
11-15-2001, 11:16 AM
Thanks Steve.. I appreciate it.. Had the .org wrong..used .com

juro
11-15-2001, 09:57 PM
Someone recently mentioned that the IGFA record for striped bass is well within reach. I think I'll go check out the site and see where it's at...

juro
11-15-2001, 10:08 PM
Whaddya know! The current record is held by Marcia Benson of Harwichport MA, I'm guessing 'the' Marcia Benson of Fishing the Cape - a 20# landed on 16lb tippet in August of this year! Interestingly, many of us have beat that this year alone - but I guess we would have had to kill the fish, weigh it on a certified scale, and apply to get it 'recognized'. For instance I recall a 41" and change on 12# flouro climax in August, whatever that is by IGFA standards I don't know. Maybe 12# climax is 20# IGFA. The fish was thick and well over 20#. Oh well, I am glad those cows swam away.

Seems like it's there for the taking.

Penguin
11-15-2001, 10:53 PM
*#?!!!#*
I knew I shoulda' kept that monster flatland humanoid!
244# on a 15# tippet...he was sure happy when I put the boga away!
'Still thinkin' about a fiberglass repro for over the fireplace...
Just as well, it was a pleasure to see him waddle off to the launch for the ride back to the beach (to fight again another day...)

striblue
11-16-2001, 10:39 AM
Hmmmmm. That is the Marcia Benson of Fishing the Cape.. What I am trying to find out is do you really have to kill the fish to submit. Juro, your right ,a lot of us have bettered that this year. In Fact, and I wanted to Check. I understand that the 30 pound test on a fly rod is from a guy named Rimmer out of Chatham. I Think it was a 38 pounder. Pete... don't give me any ideas.... Hmmmm. yes.. it might look good at YAC... I will see if I can get a window mannequin.... leave it to me.

Adrian
11-16-2001, 12:32 PM
Yes, live release is an option under IGFA - I haven't checked out their site recently so not sure if this is a different classification. Same rules regarding certified scales, weighed on dry land etc.

striblue
11-17-2001, 09:52 AM
Well.... Marcia's record may be replaced by someone in this Forum.