Everybody`s got a story [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Everybody`s got a story

Slinger
05-01-2004, 08:25 PM
I can`t believe it`s the first of May and I`m fishing alone! All the partners got stories.....Yada,Yada, Yada and I can`t go! They all sit and whine all winter and then when it`s time they all got other commitments.
All alone in the boat yesterday, 2 and a half hours before work, 14 fish. Today it was more crowded, 4 boats with fly guys and a bunch of spin fishers. Twinks galore and bigger holdovers.
No one available again tomorrow, guess I`ll just have to hammer them alone again. Then I`ll be ready for another week of hearing how pissed they are they can`t get out.
Catch one little non keeper guy and everyone abandons you!
Slinger

Dave17
05-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Slinger,

Sounds like your going to be in the boat, but if you feel like breaking out the waders I'm coming down from Boston tomorrow to try Quonny and the narrow river .....

Dave

Paxton
05-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Steve.....how about getting up at 4 a.m., leaving at 5 to make the long drive to get to the Outermost shuttle for 8.....and then at 10 your "partner" says....."can we leave at noon, I have to be home for 3". Nothing like 5 hrs of driving for 4 hrs of fishing! I don't ask or tell him anymore.
Ron

FishHawk
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
I know the feeling. I have fished with a couple of friends who are less intense than I am. They spend very little time on the water. Well to each his own. FishHawk:D