The Narrow River: Directions [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Narrow River: Directions

bonefishmon
04-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I've heard this river is one of the first to see striper action in Rhode Island. Could someone on the list please give me directions on where and how to wade fish this river. Where are the most productive early season places to fish and on what tides? Thanks in advance!

Phil

GregD
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I know alittle about fishing the Narrow river. I hear there is a herring run there also. If you drive north from the bridge closest the mouth of the river on rt 1 I think and look to the left for the stream coming in. I heard you can park accross the street, I think it is a country club or something that is ok to park in the off season. That is were the herring run is.

About 200-300 yards south of the second bridge or middle bridge I read there is a glacial hole that holdover stripers winter over in. I think getting there at low tide your first time in daylight to scope out the wadable spots and hole locations would be a wise move.

I'm curious about fishing it too, although there alots of tempting spots come to mind now during the migration. :smokin:
The rhode Island shore fishing guide put together by on the water (Gene Bourqe?) has more info on it and surrounding spots.

Let us know how you do..

Tight Lines and good luck.
Greg

bonefishmon
04-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info! I hope to make it there on Saturday and then stop over the Mews for a cold one or two. Hope our paths meet at some point.

Phil