3 Day Trout Odessey [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 3 Day Trout Odessey

BigDave
04-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Took advantage of some time off and nice weather over the long weekend. Stopped in Housatonic River Outfitters Saturday AM. Freindly staff there pointed me in the right direction and I spent the morning fishing the Housatonic C&R area in Stockbridge. Went 4 for god-knows-how-many fish that spit the hook or wrapped me under a rock in the high water. All nice browns.

Fished the green river that evening which is a beautiful spring creek on the NY border. Fooled a couple of small wild browns with a streamer. Great looking water.

Sunday I fished the Westfield where the water was still a dad high from the flooding last week. Fishable level and clear but I could not connect or even buy a hit. Checked the dead branch for wild brookies, which was very high - no dice.

Poked around the Nisitissit with Talented Wille yesterday. Caught a couple and saw a couple holdovers from the bank. Great stonefly hatch follwed by a respectable hendrickson hatch. Very few fish rising. Tough fishin' but things should improve as the water recedes and temps rise!

John Desjardins
04-20-2004, 08:31 AM
That sounds like a nice weekend. Some day my family comittments will ease up & allow me to get out there for more than a half hour at a time.