Wader Test [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wader Test

FredA
04-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Went down and flailed in the river (Bass) for about an hour this afternoon. Water temp was 55F according to another optimist on the other side of the river. Think it'll be another week before lifeforms become active. Nice to get out. Waders seem ok.

jfbasser
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Went down and flailed in the river (Marstons Mills) for about an hour yesterday afternoon. Water temp was 57F according to another optimist on the same side of the river. Think it'll be another four days before lifeforms become active. Nice to get out. Rod seems ok.

striblue
04-18-2004, 10:39 PM
What's a Wader test???????????????????:devil:

Penguin
04-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Casting practice on the chilly Parker this evening...
A few more daze...blah, blah, blah...
Gin clear/stirred not shaken...:rolleyes:

FishHawk
04-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Fished Ct opening in flood condition waters. Managed two healthy steroid Brown Trout . Great to feel a fish on the line.
Too early for the Salt. Every year it's like this. A few more weeks and the Linesides will be in . Main ocean temp is about 41. Another 9 degrees and things will pop.
FishHawk:D

Dble Haul
04-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by FishHawk

Too early for the Salt.

Not in Connecticut. ;)

Adrian
04-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Fish are here in CT - but its spotty.

I checked out Jamaica Bay yesterday within sight of JFK and the Manhattan skyline. Nothing doing so I checked the lower Housatonic with similar results. There are a lot of stripers if the Housy if you can locate them - somewhere between the Derby dam and Milford point! The night bite has been reportedly very good and getting better all the time.

All in all I put a lot of miles on the Jeep and almost as many Nautical miles under the Yak :D It was a great day to be out on the water. It just gets better from here on!

rooster
04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
83 degrees in Boston! It looked like CA for the marathon. Hopefully your heat wave continues.
OK ist wasn't a wader test but..., it is fishing. My buddies and I have been harrassing the local smallmouth population in the foothill lakes. Fishing has been good. On Sat. my partner landed a 22 inch smallmouth that tipped the scales at 6.5#s. I even got a picture (with the yardstick in it). Biggest bronzeback I've seen in years! If one of you techno-nerds can explain to me how to post a photo, I'll be glad to share the photo.
Ok..., it isn't a striper....., but it is still April and we all need to share the few stories we have!
See you guys in May.
Cheers,
DK:rolleyes:

Penguin
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
But the way...
Some mid-Cape herring runs are getting busy...
Stripes soon to follow!!! :D

jfbasser
04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
There were fresh fish in Cape Cod Bay as of two days ago just North of the Canal

FredA
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
I did take a walk along a bayside beach yesterday afternoon. No fish seen but did see bait clouds. Top of the tide so I didn't get a good look at structure. Cousin says there was some carving done by all the ice in some spots and typical flatening in others. I'm trying to keep the anticipation under wraps but it's getting tough. Just another month or so before some bonafide flats fishing.