Join me for stripers near Gracie Mansion Sunday 04/18? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Join me for stripers near Gracie Mansion Sunday 04/18?

brooklynangler
04-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Guys-

Haven't fished that bit near Gracie mansion...anyone in NYC wanna go tomorrow for a few hours to dust off our technique and perhaps catch a shoe?

Hit me at jwest13@nyc.rr.com

brooklynangler

juro
04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
How'd it go?

brooklynangler
04-22-2004, 01:12 PM
No response, so I just went to near my house in Brooklyn- Caught a few prophelactics and a trash bag. No sign of bait or fish. Water very cold. I AM going to go up to Gracie myself this weekend.

Stan
04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I work around that area and I noticed while looking across the river from 96st there's a very small island(not Randall's or Wards)that has some real nice rips that develope on an outgoing tide. Looks really fishable by kayak. I was thinking of taking mine there.

Penguin
04-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Did you mean...Coney Island Ring Fish? :confused:

Regarding Big Apple Stripes...
I've heard those cityphish are very street wise and some carry heat! :whoa:
Becarefuloutthere! :tsk_tsk:
Jamaica Bay must be AWESOME!!! :eyecrazy:

Interceptor
04-25-2004, 01:24 PM
I know that rip you are talking about each time I go to NYC on business I take the cab down the west side drive I think that would be a good place for stripers. Grew up in NYC area, worked there and went to college there also. Been gone for quite a while though. Used to catch small stripers in the Hudson on gear along with Tommy Cod and Eeels as a kid. Sounds like the striper fishing is a lot better now though.

Int

Stan
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Interceptor I know the rip your talking about. It's between 125st and 96st just off the West Side Highway. The area I mentioned above is on the east side of Manhattan where the Triboro Bridge is within sight.