Aquaseal invest in it .Money maker [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Aquaseal invest in it .Money maker

FishHawk
04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Patching my waders for opening day in Conn. Aquaseal tube rock solid and I had to drill a hole in the tube to get to the soft stuff.
While drilling I punched a hole in the side of the tube , now its another $7.00 to get a new one. Is it me or do any of you have the same trouble with this stuff? I guess you know it's fishing season when your Aquaseal tube squirts out the side and not through the top. So buy stocks in this Co. they must sell a ton of this stuff to guys like me.:( :D :hehe:
FishHawk

flytyer
04-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Try putting a small piece of plastic wrap over the tube's opening before putting the cap back on after opening it. The plastic wrap helps to get a good, airtight seal and greatly extends the open tube's shelf life.

loco_alto
04-16-2004, 04:14 PM
I nominate this for best cross-species tip of 2004

John Desjardins
04-16-2004, 04:23 PM
And here I'd thought that aquaseal was only good for 2 uses. The first, where you open it normally & the second when you cut off the crimp & take it out with a tongue depressor.

BigDave
04-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Fishhawk, going to the Farmington?

I will be on the Housie.

Tight lines!

flysully
04-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I totally agree! Aquaseal is good for a one time use only. As a matter of fact, once I purchased a tube at Sports Authority and when I finally needed to puncture the seal to get at the "goo", it was solid as a rock. A most overpriced tube of "nothing". I no longer buy it and use Goop instead, a most reliable product and reasonably priced at Home Depot as well as other home stores and hardware stores.

loco_alto
04-16-2004, 07:26 PM
I've been using Loon Soft Head for less sticky tasks, for example, when coating knots / loops as required. A $5 bottle lasts for years.

JDJones
04-16-2004, 08:03 PM
I've often thought of using Goop as replacement for Aqua Seal. Sure is easier on the wallet. Although I've had the same problem with Goop. Now when that happens, I just cut a slit in the side of the tube with a razor knife. Store the cut open tube in a heavy duty zip lok bag. That makes it last for another couple of slits in the tube.

As a side thought. How many tubes of Aqua Seal has anyone applied to a pair of breathable waders before giving in and buying a new pair? :eyecrazy:

jamie
04-19-2004, 05:03 AM
I have found the best way to get as much use as possible out of Aquaseal or Aquasure is to freeze it as soon as I have finished using it. This does not give it enough time to set. When I need to use it again, drop it in a bowl of hot water from the tap for 5 minutes and it is ready to use.

striblue
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
That Goop Problem that JDJones mentions is the same for me... I have to pin prick the side to get the stuff out after the cap locks...but I do get to use most of the tub even with 150 pin pricks in it.