It's Over!!!!!!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: It's Over!!!!!!!

Moonlight
04-16-2004, 03:28 PM
What a great last couple of months its been for fishing and camping on the coast, but now its all just memories. We burned the last of the campfirewood and finished off the last few bottles of wine at about 2AM. Then this morning we loaded up and towed the Old Airstream back to Port Angeles.
The way the floods changed everything and the trubidity problems we had for the first half of the season sure made the low flows and clear waters of the last couple of months seem a lot more special than normal.
Hope all are doing well at there Home Waters I guess I'm going to have to take a drive South or A ferry boat trip across to Whidbey Island and pay a visit to the fine folks from the "Other side of the Sound".:)

OC
04-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Enjoyed the visit out there this year and like always your a true gentleman on the river. The campfires are the best and they never seem to smoke. Then maybe it's all the wine we drink and the all night bs sessions with the blue collar tribe that call your campfire home.

Keep secret, continue to plea ignorent of steelhead, the rivers they live in and how to fly fish for them.

I've got the biggest SRC's in Washington just waiting for you now that steelhead have been put to rest till the cane comes out.

Doublespey
04-16-2004, 04:21 PM
I thought you were announcing the end of the crappy fishing on the Pugetropolis rivers! Or at least some personal milestone!:D

Nothing like the OP, that's for sure.

regards,

DS

pescaphile
04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
More like an intermission, than the grand finale. I'm looking forward to seeing you up here sometime soon for act two.

Moonlight
04-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey Pescaphile I am planning on late Steelheads and there smaller cousins soon in your neighborhood. Was I up there last yera or was it the year before. They say the mind is the first thing to go! I can't remember what they said goes away second.

Moonlight
04-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Double Spey Just to inform you we were alot more than "Mildly Stoned" by 2 am. :devil:

NrthFrk16
04-16-2004, 11:44 PM
It is never over. It is just one constant transition. :smokin:

Brian Simonseth
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Remeber what

Yogi Berra says "Not Over til its Over":tsk_tsk: