Rhody IceBreaker III [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody IceBreaker III

RayStachelek
04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
April 25, Sunday morning.
Tides...low 5:44 am
Sunrise...5:50 am
Hopefully we can catch a fish or two…or three.

Come one....come all

This year's season is startng to shape up. Slinger already nailed a few early season bass in late March. Water temperatures have elevated pushing holdovers away from the barrier. Herring are starting to show and the daily bait supply keeps increasing.

The Rhody IceBreaker was initially designed as an early spring board event to jump start the striper season. No real formalities involved, not a whole lot of planning, just a casual get together of striper maniacs. We start our season two weeks before many of you, so here's a chance to loosen up those rusty joints and have some fishing fun.

Those attending will be added and up-dated daily. Please e-mail me your e-mail address for notification. Please include your cell phone number.

castaflycharters@cs.com

Directions and cell phone tree will be e-mailed to only those who are on the roster list.

Ray

RayStachelek
04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Rhody Hardcore Ice-men

GregD
Steve (Slinger) DeNofa
Steve "Doc" Duprey
Pete Frykman
John Furze
Dave Kopij
Ron Lomas
Mike "Striper" Mayo
Brian O'Connor
David J Pritchard
Ray Stachelek
Tim St. Laurent

juro
04-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Ray,

I'm out of town that day, figures! Don't sore lip those fresh migrants too bad before they get up my way ;)

Slinger
04-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Ray, you know I`ll be there for anything you need.
Slinger
PS Are you going to Meadowbrook Fri. ?

RayStachelek
04-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Slinger...

Too many things I have to do this weekend.
I'm having a medical test done up the u know where.
Ouch!

Hope you have good weather and a great time.
Be thinking of ya in my warm bed.

Adrian
04-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm Pike Claving on the CT river that day but I will be with you "In Spirit":smokin:

Dble Haul
04-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Ditto Adrain's comments. :)

DFix
04-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Family responsibilities/home. Have a great time!

striblue
04-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Oh God... Family Responsibilities... come on Dave... that's getting TOO old!;)

DFix
04-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Dear John-

ITE AD GEHENNEM!!!

(Do YOU want to take care of my Great-Nephew that weekend so I can go fishing???)

Oops- almost forgot!
;) ( :rolleyes: )

Doc Duprey
04-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Capt. Ray,

I am sure going to try to make the drive from Joisey! This time, maybe I will be able to p[roperly set the hook.

I will look for details.

Best regards,

-Doc

Penguin
04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Regarding a sunrise of 5:50 PM... :confused:
Kapitan Ray...Are you trying to confuse me? (it doesn't take much) :tsk_tsk: :hehe:

RayStachelek
04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Thankl Pete.....

and I thought PM stood for Pete Mentioning that.

Nothing but net.

Thur. Apr 8

First time out, figured I'd give it a try.
Fished the Seekonk. Not a strike to be had in 1 1/4 hours.
Not complaining, great watching nature come back to life.
Well today seems much better, favorable winds and higher temps.
Might give it a try again.

Two weeks before the Rhody IceBreaker.

Striper
04-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Ray,
Sunday is my day off and I will make every effort to be there this year. Sounds like a good time. I am working in NY (Yorktown) six days a week and I look forward to my one day off a week. Is this shore fishing? As I remember from years past it is. I still have the waders and all the shore gear so I am in provided I don't get shanghaied (sp) before then. Will look forward to it.
albiemanmike@optonline.net

Mike M.

Slinger
04-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Sat. Sean and I fished the river and only got 4, but a friend went to the barrier and got 40 on Mon, after the warm weather this weekend the river may be hot by Sun. Gonna give it another try on Fri., I got an unexpected day off. Bright twinkies at the WW and the river is about to start. This could be a good weekend!
Steve

RayStachelek
04-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Thanks Steve for the latest up-date on fishing conditions.
I'll try to get out this week in the afternoon sometime too.

Still time to sign up. Only those on the e-mail list will receive information about Sunday morning where we will be, time, and directions. This will go out Friday.

Maybe we can coax Art Burton out of retirement and make a cameo appearance.:chuckle:

fliboy
04-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Ray,

It looks like I'm clear for Sunday - at least from my boss at home. The only thing that can keep me from making it, is we have the NASA customer in at work. But it looks like we'll be wrapped up by Saturday.

Art - I still owe you that beer.

TL,

Dave

GregD
04-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Im hoping to get out with you guys for the ice breaker. Looks like I can make it at this point. Please add me to the list.

Thanks,
Greg.

Skiman
04-22-2004, 04:02 PM
This sounds awsome. Please add me to your list. I hope to make it to this early season event.

Pete Frykman

BARDY
04-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey Ray,
Have you sent put an E-mail on were to meet. I have not recieved one. Are you planning on starting in Newport, If so
I'm guessing 2nd Beach. Hope to see you Sunday
Brian

Doc Duprey
04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Well, it figures:(

Something has come up and a trip to R.I. is out of the question. Sorry I can't make it, but the way my luck has been lately, I probably would have brought a hurricane with me.

Go get 'em, guys!

Best regards,

-Doc

RayStachelek
04-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Directions and information about Sundays Rhody IceBreaker were e-mailed Friday @ 3:30 PM. Only those who registered received mail.

Any last minute fly anglers not registered may call my cell phone at 401 323-5439.

fliboy
04-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Ray - didn't see anything come in through e-mail. I see it says you e-mailed them at 3:30.

Dave

RayStachelek
04-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Dave,

Check your Fly Fish Forum private messages.

Ray

fliboy
04-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Sorry Ray - I was looking for an e-mail.

Well - hope you guys slam them. I didn't see this until this morning, and actually I'm probably going to spend today nursing the flu. Wouldn't have been able to go anyway.

Again, good luck to all who went!

Dave