Fly Fishing Forum banner

Okay, who's been fishing?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
Anyone out there throw a line at panfish, bass, or pike yet?

Details please. :)

#2 ·
I checked out my local pond this past Sunday for an hour but nothing doing. They had to drain the pond late last summer to repair a vandalised outlet. I hope it didn't do too much irreparable damage.

The beavers have been busy though. They've cleared an area of about 1/4 acre and felled some substantial timber!

#4 ·
I've been chasing some carp as of late, seems a little early but there are a few feeders to be found. Bass are just now starting to mill around so it should be not long before some of the big boys make themselves known.

Trout fishing as been real good as of late.

Sad note: saw a dead bass in the shallows of a local pond, probably pushed 8-10 lbs., very sad indeed.

CDG

#6 ·
Front Yard Pond...

Saw some Bass action around the edges of my pond in the front yard so I gave them a go. Fished for about ten minutes in a couple of locations and managed to hook and land two, a little guy about 6", and a nice deep bodied 12", both on a fairly quick retrive using a dry line and a damsel fly nymph. I was able to see both fish take the fly:D .

#7 ·
Now's the time for bass her in Nor Cal. Fished with an Umpqua swimming frog for about 3 hours sunday morning at a pond on a big cattle ranch and fought about 20 bass, from 2 to 4 pounds, landing most of them.It was the smaller ones that I didn't land, as they either weren't able to get the frog deep into thier buckets or were just smacking at it. Even the panfish were trying to hit it, but of course that didn't pan out!:hehe:

#8 ·
The last two weekends I made some scouting trips and fished for carp for a while (unsuccessfully) but I haven't done any real fishing yet and my boat is still in its winter storage spot. There were still people ice fishing two weekends ago, and last weekend the lakes still had a lot of ice and the river looked like chocolate milk. I did see some bait fishermen catching stocked trout at one of the lakes.

Q

#9 ·
Well, it's nice to see that some of you have been able to get out and in some instances catch a few fish. I hope to be in that same group very soon, starting right after Easter weekend.

Here's to an enjoyable and productive warmwater season! :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.