South Monomoy Overnighter [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Monomoy Overnighter

striblue
04-07-2004, 09:53 AM
I wanted to tip all of you off that I have been speaking with Keith off and on thoughout the winter and I will continue to discus with him the opportunity for a group of FFF flyfishermen to stay over night at the South Monomoy Light house for a 24 hour fishing blitz. Blitzing flyfishermen that is....There are no definites yet but I think this will happen as soon as Keith and I can discus the details with the Wildlife service. I will leave it to Keith to set it up if it can be done. I don't think the first to post will be appropriate to pick the fishermen as we do in the Rip trips. I will discus this with Juro as to how we figure that out... maybe a lottery thing after we get all those interested to sign up. I don't have numbers yet.... and I suspect the numbers will equal those numbers allowed by the the Service for the Over night Birders. I also don't know if this can be something more than once or twice a season. I hope it van be several times. I also do not have at this point the max accomodations at the Light house. I will follow up on this... and feel that it would be a super trip.

juro
04-07-2004, 10:00 AM
PHENOMENAL!

I've been wanting to do this for some time after listening to Capt. Keith's descriptions got me pumped up. Thinking of fishing right through the sunset and the next day's dawn on the big rip and surrounding shoreline has me pretty psyched.

Dble Haul
04-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I'll take 1,000 of those lottery tickets. :D

FredA
04-07-2004, 11:04 AM
My cousin has a nights stay coming this summer. A birthday or xmas gift I think. It is a bit pricey, but you can make reservations. I would think it would be limited to 8 or 10 people at the most.

The idea certainly gets the juices flowing but my Calvinist bent, brought on by this long winter and nicotine deprevation and other bad stuff, tells me the weather would end up being lousey and I'd probably get poison ivy. So I'll leave all my bad karma out of it - for now.

DFix
04-07-2004, 11:11 AM
YOUQUITSMOKING!!!OHMYJEEEEZUSWHATAREWEGONNADONOW-SMOKEBEHINDTHEHOUSE???? :eek:

Monomoy thing sounds like a real neat trip!

craig
04-07-2004, 12:51 PM
trip and night of a life time

flydoc
04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Count me in, provided I'm not on call that weekend...
Shep

FishHawk
04-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Sounds great I don't see why it could not happen. The museum guys do it so why not us. Unless of course they are worried about the birds. Hope it happens. FishHawk:D

GregD
04-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Way to go John!

Hope we can work it out to stay over night at the lighthouse, what a great opportunity that would be. Sure beats sleeping on the beach with sand fleas in your waders in the rain like some of us. :-)

Hope it happens for us.

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Pavlov
04-07-2004, 04:29 PM
That sounds great.

Eddie
04-07-2004, 07:09 PM
wow, I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT.

jimS
04-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Wonderful opportunity! Hope you and Keith can swing it, particularly on the right tides.

Simms

porkslice
04-07-2004, 10:36 PM
thats the best news I have heard all winter

rooster
04-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Can I spend a week and have Keith occasionally drop off some groceries and water?
Cheers,
DK:cool:

CSJ60
04-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Over night stay/fishing on SM... what a trip.

flyfreak
04-08-2004, 09:25 AM
John - what a freakin awesome idea !!
Keep us informed.

(how much will i have to pay you to *slide* my name on that list?)