The First Rip Trip- Memories [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The First Rip Trip- Memories

striblue
03-31-2004, 10:49 PM
They will start sooner than you think... early May.... Here is a picture of 5 guys on the very first Rip trip of a few years ago. All around HQ--"The Log"... Left to right, Dave Pearson, me, Jeff Roop, Juro (With waders taken off) and JimW getting 40 winks. Waiting for the rip to form. see http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/Pointrip2000/ripjournal.htm for the picture journal.

Paxton
04-01-2004, 07:26 AM
John, Those pictures are great! Have never done the trip, count me in this year!!!!! Looks like an experience of a lifetime, fish or no fish.
Ron

Lefty
04-01-2004, 12:20 PM
In spite of the lack of photographic evidence, I was actually there that day. That was my only rip trip. Great time.

Lefty

craig
04-02-2004, 04:47 AM
I went just to look for them. :chuckle: :chuckle:

Lefty
04-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Also remembered it took me all day to get the new "Esteys Swing" happening. By the time I did everyone was leaving, the boat had arrived. Roop and I were there with doubles hooked up as eveyone was halfway to the boat yelling back at us "C'mon you guys!"

Lefty

ps. Roop: nice photo!

Roop
04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Apologies to the forum for posting that picture of my wife...;)

Was that the anchor trip?

Roop

striblue
04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
That was your Wife? You should have said so... I e-mailed her a few momments ago to appologize for deleting her picture. She seemed confused but will ask you about it tonight.:devil: Yes ..that was the "Anchor" trip.