The First Rip Trip- Memories [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The First Rip Trip- Memories

03-31-2004, 11:49 PM
They will start sooner than you think... early May.... Here is a picture of 5 guys on the very first Rip trip of a few years ago. All around HQ--"The Log"... Left to right, Dave Pearson, me, Jeff Roop, Juro (With waders taken off) and JimW getting 40 winks. Waiting for the rip to form. see for the picture journal.

04-01-2004, 08:26 AM
John, Those pictures are great! Have never done the trip, count me in this year!!!!! Looks like an experience of a lifetime, fish or no fish.

04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
In spite of the lack of photographic evidence, I was actually there that day. That was my only rip trip. Great time.

04-02-2004, 05:47 AM
I went just to look for them. :chuckle: :chuckle:

04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Also remembered it took me all day to get the new "Esteys Swing" happening. By the time I did everyone was leaving, the boat had arrived. Roop and I were there with doubles hooked up as eveyone was halfway to the boat yelling back at us "C'mon you guys!"

ps. Roop: nice photo!

04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Apologies to the forum for posting that picture of my wife...;)

Was that the anchor trip?

04-05-2004, 01:46 PM
That was your Wife? You should have said so... I e-mailed her a few momments ago to appologize for deleting her picture. She seemed confused but will ask you about it tonight.:devil: Yes ..that was the "Anchor" trip.