If you don't like the weather ... wait a day. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: If you don't like the weather ... wait a day.

fredaevans
03-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Sheesh! Sunday it was 81 ... then a cold front came sliding through and it was 1 degree above freezing last night. Hills across from Ashland are again covered with snow.
:mad:

Hammer
03-30-2004, 03:57 PM
remember,,,on the lower end,they're cry'n for water,and salmon,of course,it's all being held back by lost creek lake,,it is spring,,,please,let it rain!!!!

fredaevans
03-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Just called the fish line to check numbers (3-18-2004= 12,719 winter steelhead) and the flows been kicked up to 2200 cfs.

That with the normal run off from a good down pour feeding Elk/Trail/Butte, etc., creeks has got to have things snorting bytime it gets to Medford. Think I'll look up the water flows.

Moose
03-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Tell me about it. We're feeling it here in Sacramento too. Yesterday fished in my shorts and sandals, 84 degrees. Today fished in my shorts and sandals, froze my a** off! Guess it was premature to put the waders away for the season. But it was worth it. :cool:

Dble Haul
03-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Fred, I don't wanna hear any complaining from you about the weather. :tsk_tsk:

Remember when I told you about karma and how it would get you for rubbing your nice weather in our faces out here?

Take your medicine. :razz:

BobK
03-31-2004, 08:31 AM
You COULD live back East. (Yearly snowfall here in Rochester area is 120.5" so far - that's JUST OVER 10 FEET!)

The farmers call snowfall "Poor Man's Fertilizer"!

Yeah, we had a few days where it even broke 60 deg., but now are back to low 40s for highs.

Spring ain't here yet - gotta "suffer" through unpredictable April, but we're going the "right" way now.

But we STILL don't plant tomatoes because of possible frost kill until after the REAL Memorial Day - May 30!

So, be happy with what you have, and just "go fishin'"

BobK

:D

Hammer
03-31-2004, 08:50 AM
he SHOULD be fishing,really slowed down midriver,the last two afternoons have been fairly quiet ,even the bait only guys have dissipated,,,`downer' hens are `on the feedbag' but it should be on fire up in his section,it's still `on' but getting spotty,any reports from `the highlands'?

FrenchCreek
03-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Yesterday:
Shirt sleeves and 80F (26C) , fished the Bow and caught one huge brown and several large rainbows.
Today:
Light snow, 2C for a high, staying inside tying flies
Tomorrow:
Forecast for 12C, going fishing again

So Fred, you are not alone in the weather roller coaster!