Where can I find... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Where can I find...

Sprocket
09-26-2001, 04:31 PM
A ballcap:
Waxed cotton - brown, tan or olive
Lined or insulated.

I got one years ago from a uniform place in Canada but have not been able to find it again (I'm buyin' 3 this time). I've tried the usual catalogues & local shops but no succeess.

Help, please! Can somebody point me in the right direction?

The search continues...

striblue
09-26-2001, 05:31 PM
Well, I am not sure about lined... but "first Light Anglers" in Manchester has a good quality brown waxed cotton ball cap that I bought for rain. If you don't mind their logo in the front it is well worth the price.

juro
09-27-2001, 12:03 AM
I've got an unused SAGE waxed cotton cap unlined you can have. It's a dark brown. I have at least 6 Sage caps and won't miss one. I got it at Blue Northern Trading Co in Ayer MA. I think they might still have some, give them a call. 978-772-6779

Roop
09-27-2001, 07:19 AM
Dunn's hunting supplies.

I get there catalog's from my old wing shooting days but I'm sure they have a web site.

Sprocket
09-27-2001, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys:

unlined - I've got a "Browning" I like. I shoot Remington & Dad shoots Browning, always gets him when I get birds & he doesn't.

Sage: I appreciate the offer Juro - do they come with the rods, as gifts or do you collect them? ;-)

BNTC: I'll ring them, been meaning to get out to them after talking with them at the Wilminton show...

Dunn's: checked the website this a.m. - nothing I haven't seen already - it's www.dunns.com BTW, good catalogue.

The insulation is key - it was the only ballcap I could wear all winter and not be too hot or cold...shot a lot of ducks while wearing it too, had great karma...or I was in my game. Nah, it was the hat.:)

Tommy
09-27-2001, 07:35 PM
How about Carhart's? Most big K-marts or wall Mart's have them,Thinsulate and drop down earflaps for when it really gets cold and windy

Sprocket
09-28-2001, 08:59 AM
It's close but waxed...I'm searching for a product nobody makes but should.

thanks BTW.
TMS

Domenic
10-01-2001, 05:31 AM
Filson's
http://smtp2.thewwwstore.com/filson/vihats.htm They sell high quality clothing.They will have the hat you are looking for.
Domenic

Sprocket
10-01-2001, 09:33 AM
Thanks Dominick - yes, they have what I want! Cool.
Psyched!