Saltwater Flies For The Jimmy Fund! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Saltwater Flies For The Jimmy Fund!

TinMan
03-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Flies For The Jimmy Fund

This is a tough year for fundraising, I'm not yet 1/2 way towards my goal. So to kick things up a notch...

I'm collecting flies to be auctioned off with proceeds going to The Jimmy Fund via a contribution to my ride in this year's PMC.

So next time you are at the vice, please tie some extras and send them to me (contact me for address). The flies will be auctioned as one giant bundle mid-May, just in time for the spring fish.

So, TIE A FEW ON FOR THE JIMMY FUND!

THANKS!

John Desjardins
03-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Mike, I don't tie many salt water flys but send me your address and I'll send you some.

TinMan
03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Done, and thanks for stepping up John!

WAY TO GO!

longrod
03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Tinman,
I would be glad to donate some flies.
I just happen to have some decievers on the shelf. Please PM me with an address and I will ship them off.

TinMan
03-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Well, between all the fishing sites, this is shaping up to be a whopper of a fly auction!

All for a fantastic cause, thanks guys!

TinMan
03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
John, I received your flies and generous donation - thank you VERY VERY MUCH!

Your flies are top notch quality and I'm looking forward to putting them up for auction. I'm sure they will catch many fishermen!

Thanks again,

Mike

John Desjardins
03-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Mike I hope that Longods name is John because those flys weren't from me. I confess that I haven't started tying them yet

TinMan
03-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Oops, wrong John D.! My apologies John.

John Desjardins
03-24-2004, 08:33 AM
I just wanted the right person to get the credit.

TinMan
03-25-2004, 02:17 PM
He did, and you will too. ;)

TinMan
03-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Longrod, I received your (very impressive) flies yesterday. THANK YOU!

IronMike
04-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Everyone,

The admins over at www.stripersonline.com have offered to let me use their auction section (which is free to use) for my fly auctions! You just need to register a username to bid.

This is great for many reasons, but most of all since it lets me watch one spot . It's a lot like Ebay's system, but I don't have to pay Ebay's fee, which I was considering doing.

http://www.stripersonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb_547C/auction.pl?category=flystuff&item=1081340496

I just wanted to say that the comradare (competition? ) between all the fishing sites has really made an impression on me. Everyone joining in to support my ride and The Jimmy Fund...it really shows what you are all made of.

IronMike
04-03-2004, 09:18 AM
BTW: I will post here (in appropriate thread per auction) when a new auction opens, when it gets bid on, or is close to over! I've pretty much been doing that anyway, so no extra effort on my part required.

Please understand, I am doing this for unity, not to cause lack of ;) . I will always appreciate what each member of each site does, and has done, for me.

At the start, I considered having each auction on the site from where the donation came from, but then a couple of things happened:

1) People donated who belong to several sites,

2) People donated using only their login name and I have no idea who they are!

THANKS for all your support! Also, thanks for your patience -- eventually, I will have my own web site and will be able to run these "independently".

THANKS AGAIN!

IronMike
04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
A. Strutt - thank you for your generous donation to my Jimmy Fund fly auction!

VERY NICE!