Wilmington show rod demo [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wilmington show rod demo

Karl M
03-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Where can go for the CND spey rod, and is realy a spey ? the show demonstration in the parking lot was a mind blower.

Karl M

striblue
03-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Karl, you can contact Juro here since he is the rep and developer of the new "shorter' long rods CND has produced. I have mine on order.... I will be able to keep close to the same distance as the spin guys with that rod and looking forward to Nauset with it.

juro
03-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Hello Karl -

CND is a sponsor of this site. The website is http://www.cndspey.com and there is a dealer list provided.

If you have any further questions email info(a)cndspey.com -or- call the North America phone number 978 449-0077 (fax/voice).

Can't wait for spring!

DickIvers
03-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi,

Is anything in the works for an Atlantis-style 2-hander but for lighter lines?

I thought there was a 9/10 weight version being developed. Did that not work out? It would seem to be a good idea. Perhaps for the more stealthy situations where you don't want 12 wt lines crashing down on the water.

Dick

juro
03-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Well I am learning not to talk out of school BUT... :devil:

I am soon receiving a third generation prototype of the 9wt version. It may be the one; only field testing will tell. I certainly hope so because the R&D cost hits Nobuo hard and each time I ask for adjustments it can be of significant impact in time and budget. But we agree that only those rods that are fully refined (like the Surf-tamer) will be put into production, and the better we can make it the more we will recoup from the investment so full speed ahead.

Rather than create false expectations I prefer to concentrate on making them the best we can and when ready they will be made available. Sorry for the lack of a schedule but the criteria for all CND rods to come to market is not date-driven - but performance driven instead.

I will definitely let you know when we are ready to go with the "All-rounder".