Willmington Pics - Day two [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Willmington Pics - Day two

striblue
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Good day for the Forum, met a bunch of people who have surfed the site and others who are signed on. The raffles seamed to go better today even though the crowd was small. Author David Ross stopped by the Booth and we had a great conversation on Fly tying. Adrian, Big Dave and Penguin volunteered some valuable time to the booth. here are some picts.

striblue
03-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Adrian and Slinger...

striblue
03-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Dad Doogue and Penguin . Pete has a new adopted little dog from the Brewster Animal Rescue league. Named Lucy.

striblue
03-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Adrian and Big Dave....

striblue
03-14-2004, 04:31 PM
.......Todays fly raffle boxes....

rjbadfish
03-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Must say...You guys had the best booth at the Wilmington show. The information I gained at your booth was worth much more than the price of admission. As busy as it was, you found ample time to speak with my son and I. The secrets you shared will go a long way for this novice fly tyer. Thanks again.

P.S. First crease fly is almost complete already.

striblue
03-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Forum rjbadfish and I am glad we were able to help out.. keep an eye on things as the season goes and we look forward to your participation.

MarkDoogue
03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Great to see Adrian, Juro, Pete & Striblue today at the show. I was also glad to be able to drag my dad up there as well as my little guy, Sean.

As always, the booth seemed to garner a great deal of attention. In fact, the guys directly to the right mentioned on a few occasions how happy they were to be next to the Forum and they directed a few spey guys to try and catch up with Juro.

My son loved the fish fighting simulator, Lefty's demo, Striblue's crab flies, Pete's new significant other(his words not mine) Lucy and the lollipop I picked up for him at some random booth. We actually came home, broke out his tiny Ugly Stik, and practiced with it like a fly rod. He's too funny. He also wants a pet monkey now, THANKS PETE..........

I may have a trip to Ireland in the works in May but I plan on trying to sneak a morning of fishing in during the Spring Clave as long as I'm in town.

Just get me through St. Patrick's Day, Opening Day and The Marathon(the holy trinity of the beer business) and I can start to think about fishing again.........