Barn Island Ramp in CT. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Barn Island Ramp in CT.

artb
03-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Information for those that use the Barn Island Ramp in CT:
Accordingly to Tom Meade's Column in todays Providence paper, the ramp is closing for an upgrade, from April 22 to August 1. It should be a great ramp when finished, I guess including some dredging. Just thought that those of you that like to fish the Watch Hill area would like to know.

JimW
03-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Art, Good to hear from you. Thanks for the info. I may make use of that ramp this fall. I took in a couple of albie seminars at the Wilmington show and now have a severe case of tuna fever.

Striper
03-14-2004, 09:06 AM
It's about time!!!! Thanks for the info Art. I almost got stuck there last fall after an Albie assault and was concerned I was going to have to wait out the tide till I could recover onto my trailer. This will make that ramp so much better but it will also increase the crowds there as well. The one thing about that ramp was the fact that many people did not use it because of the low water problems, but it is for the better and if you get there early you will only have to deal with the crowds when you return.

Mike M.

SageBoy
03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I also was there last October on the moon tide and almost didn't get out. We practically pulled the boat out dry. I don't know how nothing broke in the process.