Farmington River- All's quiet [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Farmington River- All's quiet

Dble Haul
03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
I checked out the Farmington River yesterday with a buddy. I hadn't been there in a few seasons, and recent reports had said that the fishing had been picking up. The rain from Friday night and into Saturday morning had brought the water up a bit and slightly stained it, so the fishing was off. We tried several pools in the lower TMA, and nobody else we talked to seemed to be doing much of anything either. The water was still very cold.

Still a nice day to be out on the water....about 60 degrees, and the sun poked through the clouds a few times when we arrived in mid afternoon. It won't be long before the water warms up a bit more and trout get really active.

SDHflyfisher
03-07-2004, 11:09 AM
my favorite river

i usually fish it in the riverton area

andrew
03-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Went out last weekend myself on lower TMA - between Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, I caught 54 rainbows on my trusty 3 weight, first 38 in a hour and half on Friday. Big fat natives that have probably been in there since stocked last fall by state and FRAA. All 12 -14 inches long. Have fished same spot every night this week with nothing near those results, actually only caught one in last 4 days. River is way down again. Have been using nymph of my personal design as well as standard prince, pheasant tail and copper johns (all beadheads...)

Tight lines...