Martha Stewart Verdict Just In! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Martha Stewart Verdict Just In!

striblue
03-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Watching the news... News flash---Stewart Guilty on ALL counts!

Penguin
03-05-2004, 03:58 PM
...BEHIND BARS!...:rolleyes:

Sections of interest:
Great ideas for your cell...
When your new roomie prefers flannel shirts and work boots...
Gardening without sharp tools...
Don't let STRIPES make your butt look BIG?! :devil:

Subscribe today!:hehe:

fredaevans
03-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Considering the personal wealth of the individual, the stock loss wouldn't even appear as a minor footnote on her IRS 1040. And she could have used the write-off to-boot. Go figure?

Joan and I (yesterday) had to file an ammended return for 2002 as we'd missed a '1099' stock sale. Total change in state tax was $64; Federal $112. Cost to have our CPA respond to IRS: $300. Cost to IRS to match up all the paperwork: ? Aren't computers wonderful?

Cost to 'Martha' to have her accountant input the stock loss: zip, just another line on her return.

FredA
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
To Pete's points, this link was posted on another site.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-marthastewartliving.htm

As much as I can't stand her my sense is a lot of bigger fish are slippin through the net.

Hammer
03-06-2004, 12:03 AM
should have hired OJ's lawyers:D

Speynut
03-06-2004, 03:31 AM
John,

Pardon my cynicism but if she doesn't fly fish, I mean who cares?
Well now that I think of it, I guess her future cellmates will be treated to some nice curtains and enjoy canapes at six. The cell block just won't be the same anymore, there will be live remotes covering such interior themes as decorating your favorite confined spaces. We'll all need a break by the time they turn the key on the old girl.

John :smokin:

juro
03-06-2004, 06:30 AM
I'd say absolve her and let her remain free if she'd give 75% of her insane wealth to preserve the wild and endangered American gamefish and their habitats :D

If she did it again it would cost her the rest :devil:

striblue
03-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Well Speynut...you are right, she does not fish...but I wanted to post it anyway and an example that in some circumstances the big fall hard.... This was an example of the coverup being worse that the original offence...

rooster
03-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Does this mean that the public will now have beach access again near the Stewart Estate in the Hamptons?
Rooster

Eddie
03-07-2004, 12:24 PM
she does fly fish..so does that make it any more relevant?
She lied, and was caught. She should be held responsible for her actions. It should be noted that she was not guilty of anything, and lied to protect her broker (who was). Commit the crime, do the time.
Having said that, talk about cover ups....I'm glad the justice department is working overtime to clean up corporate corruption:rolleyes: