Fork's fights on.... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fork's fights on....

Moonlight
03-05-2004, 10:11 AM
You go girl! Mayor Nedra Reed met with the WF&W Commission members on Wednsday along with Forks Staffers to discuss a strategy for dissmisal of the proposed Moratorioum at the March 12 13 meeting of the commission.

And the "When the going gets weird the weird turn pro award" for this year will go to Mayor Nedra for her sudden and fresh Alliance with the Quillayute Tribal Chairman Russell Woodruff who in a recent letter supports the Mayors position and bemoans the fact that the tribe was not contacted about this decesion (after all they are co managers).
Woodruff contends the runs are healthy and that they are the "Stewards of the resource".
Its raining on the Coast this morning and the rivers are rising there is a new pile of feathers by the tying table I think I will get a few twisted up I think I should tie up a pattern to commerate the Forks / Quillayute Alliance for Dead Fish. I'll let Sink Tip and OC come up with the Moniker!
TGIF

flytyer
03-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Sounds like the tribal chairman might be a little nervous about the possibility of bad press if the tribe decides to net the river after April 1st this year or during March/April next year. I suppose you could call the resulting fly the "Bi-cultural" since neither the city of Forks nor the Tribe have been known to be on such friendly terms.

pescaphile
03-05-2004, 07:08 PM
you've left the barbs intact on your comemorative fly? Perhaps it has more than one?

Politics makes for strange bedfellows

sinktip
03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
I can't decide between the "Pollyanna" or the "Partner in Crime". Then there is always the "incestuous liasion".

Moonlight
03-05-2004, 08:00 PM
I think Flytyer had a good one I was just thinking of changing it a little you know "Buy Cultural"! But there all good ideas and as I rarely tie two the same maybe I'll use them all....

flytyer
03-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Moonlight,

I like yours far better than mine. It seems to get more to the heart of the matter.