southern France (Languedoc) in April [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: southern France (Languedoc) in April

Rimouskois
03-04-2004, 11:26 AM
I will be spending two weeks in Southern France near Montpellier in April. I am wondering if anyone knows of fly fishing opportunities there? Where, what species, flies etc. I would be greatful for any advice or information you could offer.

thanks in advance,
Dan

fredaevans
03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
http://flyforums.proboards20.com/index.cgi

On this exact topic. 99% of the folks on this board are in the UK and fish in Western Europe (several of them are also regular contributors to this board).

"Pop (them) the question", and you'll get lots of good info.
fae

flyfisha1
03-04-2004, 12:05 PM
That's interesting; I'll be in Andorra the first week of April, though fishing season won't have started yet. You can bet that next time we plan a trip out there I'll have a pair of rods along for the trout. Good luck!

Rimouskois
03-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks Fred and Chris. I posted the message on the European forum you mentioned. It looks like a very good board.

Chris, I think fishing in the Pyrennes would be amazing definitely bring a rod. I see you identified yourself as a marine scientist -- me too. The trip to France is a family holiday extension after a meeting in Paris.

Dan

flyfisha1
03-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey, that's cool! My fiancee and I are spending the week of Semana Santa touring Andorra and Southern Spain, and there's no way I can bring a rod this time; besides, we'll only be in Andorra for two days, and I think I'll need many more than that to really feel that I've covered some ground. It will most likely be next year before we get back in that direction, but have no fear, we'll both be after those trout!

What aspect of Marine Science do you work in?

Jmikaloff
02-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Dan,

I live in Paris and have some contacts. I will see what I can find out for you. Fishing in France can be a littlle complicated. But I know ther is good fishing near in the south.

Mike S
03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Dan,

Contact Nick at Gourmet Fly. His website with contact information is listed below. While he does most of his fishing in the Paris region, Iím sure he can put you into contact with somebody to help you get into some fish. Please tell him I gave you the contact info.

<non-sponsor link removed>

Here is another link that has information about fishing in France. Use the hyperlink with the Union Jack to have the page translated into English.

http://mouches.free.fr/parcours.htm

For a couple of trip reports about fly fishing in France go to:

http://expat.my-expressions.com/

You will find detailed reports under the first photos in the galleries marked, Normandy and France.

Good luck,

Mike

fcch
03-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Dan,

Did some forestry work in the Pyrennes a few years ago. Being as I am (stupid that is) didn't arrange any time to try the FF'ing in those beautiful mountain lakes.

The water is (almost ;) ) as beautiful as the Rockies. Check the regs too as many of the places I was stomping around weren't open yet in early May.

I AM JEALOUS !!