They're [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: They're

steelheadmike
03-01-2004, 12:16 PM
They're here!!!!! Boats done and going in this week. Let the games begin!

Adrian
03-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Good to hear Mike

See you out there soon!

GregD
03-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi Mike,

Glad to hear they are around and the boat is ready. How does this weekend look for gettin out and wetting a line? looking forward to hooking up with you and some of the guys sometime.

Greg.

grego
03-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Not so lucky here in Mass.

I talked with my dad (who lives in Bourne) the other day, and he said that most of Upper Buzzards Bay is still "Iced In"

Wes
03-02-2004, 01:44 PM
It may be a couple weeks before I can get over ther Mike, but look for the orange yak again soon. Got out for a little in the Housy Sunday and it was pretty pleasant for Feb. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Jim

steelheadmike
03-03-2004, 08:37 AM
They should be here for a few weeks. I was supposed to take a half day today and drop the boat in but work has thrown a monkey wrench into my plan! Fret not... will be in ny Sat for sure.

GregD
03-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey Mike,

Whenever you're ready to have some company shoot us a mail.

Greg0 - I'm somewhat surprised that Upper Buzzards bay is still Iced up, considering the upper Narragansett isn't from what I have seen. If I don't end up in NY this weekend, I will probably take my boys fishing around the Upper Narragansett and check out the holdovers there. Your'e welcome to join us to wet aline and see what we can find.

Tight Lines,
Greg.

Striper
03-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Mike,
Sorry buddie I got wrapped up on the phone the other night with work stuff and couldn't call you back.....my bad! Did you get the boat in? Stopped by Tackle Shop in Cross River and talked with the guy there, he was kind of surprised that there were fish already in the Hudson. I didn't tell him where and he lives in CT. so no worries. I am heading to Rivers End tomorrow to check out the new Quantum Cabo reel maybe buy one if they are as good as they look. I want a new reel that will last longer than half a season. Give me a buzz and let me know what your plan is, maybe we can do a weekday thing.

Mike M.

steelheadmike
03-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Mike,

No problemo. I also have some good spots for big trout I may tryout in the very near future up where that tackle shop you visited is as well as a few spots by were I work that have lakers and big bows on spoons.

As far as the Hudson is concerned...... got the boat in the water on Sunday finally. Wind was NNW @ 15-20knts with gusts to 30, white caps and cooooooooooooold. Marked a few and missed a few but that was it. No major concentration found from Sing Sing to Skyview ( around 16nm of usually productive water ). I think the front that came through moved them to the deep waters of the channel.

Give me a hollar during the week and we can give it a whirl as soon as the weather stabilizes for a few days in a row.