Boneclave `04 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave `04

Slinger
03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
I heard that Washburn has allready been reserved for the Boneclave in August. Can you give the dates so we may put aside some vac. time.
Steve

juro
03-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Steve -

JimW was thinking ahead of the curve this year and grabbed the site on time, and I've already paid the fee, so WE'RE IN!

August 20-23, the "big" site again.

BONECLAVE LIVES!!!

FrenchCreek
03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm sure going to miss not being there.
It was the HIGHLIGHT of y year in 2003!

Lefty
03-02-2004, 08:59 AM
but...but wait a.... huh?

Lefty
03-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Pete,

I guess I'll have to give up your quarters then.

Lefty

FrenchCreek
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Lefty,
Yeah Man, I'll miss the dinner we had the night before heading out and the great hospitality of fellow clavers.
By the way, have you installed the retractable 6 foot casting platform at the front end of your boat yet?

Clamdigger
03-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Missed the boneclave last year. If I can make the date, I'll have some chowdah made up.

Chris
03-08-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm in! I haven't made it to one of these yet. Could never get the time or the planning window was too short. Nice work getting it in early Jim.

I secured the time from the Overlord of the Saltmines, so this is a definite.

juro
03-08-2004, 09:44 AM
I remember when I first got the wild hair to arrange the island outing in 1999, I had a feeling it would be a special event. But it's consistenly far exceeded due to the good folks who attend, all chipping in what they can to make it what it is. What amazes me most is that we are able to stop the clock and get onto "island time" right here in our own backyard. Washburn is really a magic place, and the surrounding waters are really something too - from Succonesset to the Vineyard to the Elizabeths, even right at the Wacky inlet!

The good company, fishing and festivities really creates a strong feeling of good will and camaraderie that is hard to equal through the rest of the year. I can't wait... thanks Jim!

Chris
05-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Just wanted to bump this back up so my brother could find it.

FishHawk
05-20-2004, 06:24 AM
Looks like I'm in too. Have not made one but this year looks like I can . Have to get a cheap tent. FishHawk:D

jared
05-20-2004, 01:17 PM
sadly...I'm out (yet again)...will be chasing pacifics in the salt....

I probably said this last year, but maybe next year....

:)

-j

porkslice
05-20-2004, 02:33 PM
hell ya, count me in. I make a mean sauce if any one is interested
:whoa:

shadfreak
05-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Bone clave here I come!!!!!!
Larry

Hawkeye
05-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm in. Maybe I'll have the boat done by then .... sigh...

GregD
05-20-2004, 04:46 PM
I and the two boys will plan on it again this year, hopefully we won't have any vehicle/boat problems again this year keeping us away :(

Looking forward to camping on Washburn Island again, hope we get awesome weather this year and some bonito to boot.

Tight Lines,
Greg.

fliboy
05-21-2004, 06:42 AM
I'm in - yet to make one, and I've got this one cleared right up to the Executive Branch!

Dave

flydoc
05-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm in! I'll need to hitch a ride on someone's boat, or venture over in my inflatable yak, but I have blocked off those days on my schedule. Looking forward to my first!
Shep:D

JimW
05-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Looking forward to it. Although it's a bit early for a signup page I plan on making it this year, work permitting.:rolleyes:

kennebecfly
05-24-2004, 11:52 AM
You can count me in, for August DREW

grizz0707
07-07-2004, 04:20 PM
if there is still room count me in. I am new to the salt water

Chris
07-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Now that I've spoken out of turn. The wife wants to do a 15 year anniversary trip to Newport. I'll have to sneak out at night to somewhere and try my luck around there. So maybe next year for me. I think Drew still plans to go though.

Anyone with some insight into any spots in and around Newport proper chime in I've never fished there or any of Rhoddy except the early bird in '01.

Adrian
07-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Chris

I'm just begining to scratch the surface of this amazing place. So far I've been very impressed :smokin: The DEM website has some great info and there's a lot of access. Newport apparently has some wierd parking permit restrictions. Other Rhoddy regulars please chime in.

http://www.state.ri.us/dem/maps/index.htm

Chris
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks Adrian,
What do you mean about wierd parking restrictions? Are they for beach access parking or general around the shore and town? I will check out that site and see what it has to offer. Art gave me a little info but he's more down toward your end of the state than Newport. I may just have to go down that way. Where did you say, if you did, you caught the RI fatty you posted the other day? If you're not going on the Washburn trip maybe we can meet halfway toward you and fish together. Night fishing at the beach or a salt pond is probably what i'm in for this trip.

Smcdermott
07-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Give the Saltwater Edge a call or stop in when you are in Newport. Can't get more center of town then them and there is a ton of fishing in that area. I haven't had the need to make the extra long trip there myself so I can't offer any secret spots. For about $15 you can get the RI Shore Guide produced by On the Water which has a ton of info on locals and access.

Sean

Skiman
07-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Sign me up if there is still room. I have been hearing about the glories of Washburn for a while and it is time to try it. Being part of the boat-less world, I also will need a ride.

Skiman

Adrian
07-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Chris, I'll PM you to keep this thread clear for the Washburn gang. I'll have to make that trip myself one of these years :Eyecrazy:

I guess I just better make enough to retire soon enough so I can get all these "must do" places in!

juro
07-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Boneclave sign up will go up one month ahead of the event. Signups will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit to the camping areas available and I propose set a number of boat owner spots to be reserved to ensure enough rides, etc. As usual, we will have people without boats be hosted by those who have boats, mixing up the riders, etc - this part seems to always work out great. In fact the whole thing goes so smoothly it's a thing of beauty.

We will have a very special event this time at camp on Sat night! No it's not dancing girls they are against regulations.

bcasey
07-17-2004, 08:24 AM
And the last time we followed regulations was...? :lildevl:

Slinger
07-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Count me and NEAC in again. Cuz just got a boat thats a bit more seaworthy than mine, maybe we`ll bring both. Gee I sure hope Will can make it, he was such a fun guy!
Slinger