house/condo on the cape [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: house/condo on the cape

sean
02-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I am going to be on the cape for a wedding in hyannis from 5/8 - 5/16. Wish it was a week later as I hear the fishing would be better but a certain flats ninja says he may be able to find me something to point my atlantis at....

We would like to find a place to rent and a house or condo would be ideal. Anybody have any leads? The place can really be anywhere on the cape and not necessarily around hyannis. Close to fishing would not be a bad thing either :devil:

Thanks for the help,

-sean

juro
02-28-2004, 01:38 PM
YEEEHAH!!! It's gonna be great hitting the migration with our webmaster this May. I say the New England Forum chapter will have to roll out the red carpet for this one!

There are weekly rentals available and since it's before Memorial Day there should be some good deals.

I will begin by asking Mike Doogue, Jeff Borkowski and Sean McDermott about the place they rented last year, very good location with respect to the fishing :devil:

If you see something attractive let us know, many of us including myself are quite knowledgeable about the various parts of the cape.

We can also plan our 2004 Spring Clave around these dates!

juro
02-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Some rental cottages are found online here:

http://www.capecodrental.com/

I am partial to Chatham, Orleans, Brewster and Harwich myself FWIW... but your wife will enjoy Woods Hole to Falmouth just as much; Barnstable bayside is very nice, and Dennis which is where we are in the summer. Yarmouth is very close to Hyannis and also great spring fishing - but watch out for that area 61 place ;)

doogue
02-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Sean,

I was thinking what Juro was thinking!

We rented a great little house for $800 or so for the week. It is very close to some prime fishing locations and it had a nice private yard and deck with a grill etc.

It was a quaint place that the family would like.

Check your PM for details.

Mike

2HandTheSalt
02-29-2004, 04:42 PM
The house next door to mine, ( South Yarmouth, a block from Bass River,) is a weekly rental. It is generally full June through October, but may be available for the week you need.

If you would like to contact the owners direct, shoot me an e-mail at: masssalt@yahoo.com

Jay Horton